Benimar habitation fuses (waste valve) where to find???!!

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by gowboy, Apr 24, 2013.

1. gowboy

gowboy Read Only Funster

Hi guys

Losing will to live.
    Help please.
    Problem with electric waste-valve on '04 Benimar A Top 7000. Imported Spanish job, LH drive.
    Found earth wire to waste valve perished, assume need to check fuse as well to repair. CAN'T FIND CHUFFING FUSE! V.basic Benimar guide suggests there are 5 fuses "under driver seat", one of which should be for waste valve ("brown wire leading from it" apparently, others for fridge, stabiliser legs, step etc.) - nothing under seats, checked all round leisure battery (should be near that, surely?) which is under passenger seat. Looked all over - waste valve is located towards front on (our) near side. Looked under seating etc. am I just being stupid?
    Q2 - if earth wire has perished, am i wasting time looking for a fuse - i.e. is there a chance the whole unit is knackered anyway (sorry don't do electrics).
    BTW - there is a 6" square-ish plate in front of (L/H) driver seat, screwed in, with another metal one under it (again screwed in). Did not want to dig any further down as assumed it was access for transmission or something. Can't be fuse access surely? It's a bugger to unscrew...
    No manual override for the thing, so prob is a bit pressing as you can imagine..
    Any help out there from any electrophiles?
    Thanks

2. chaser

chaser Funster

Now that's strange , I have just had that panel up, wondered what was under it, thought it might be a safe or something, if you get the next one up there is a plastic dish sort of thing but nowt else, strange , does anyone know what it's for.

• Like Like x 1
  3. chaser

chaser Funster

Might well be the place for fuses on yours

4. pappajohn

pappajohn Funster Life Member

on earlier Fiats the panel in the floor allowed access to the fuel tank sender unit.

maybe just a throwback to an earlier model which used the same floor panels as the later models.

Last edited: Apr 24, 2013
  5. Ed Excel

Ed Excel Funster

6. eddievanbitz

eddievanbitz Trader - Funster

There is a fuse bank on the control panel and a second bank behind the drivers seat on the "B" pillar, normally hidden behind the long cab curtains.

Try both sides on a Left hand drive:Wink:

Hope that this helps.

For the record your split charge relay is in a box, screwed to the chassis up behind the engine. Follow the secondary wire from the alternator to find it.

Eddie (the font of all knowledge :Wink:)

7. gowboy

gowboy Read Only Funster

Thanks for your efforts here - the first section is what I have already (although the fuse diagram is different AGAIN
    - nothing showing for "waste water valve", although the layout/pictures marries up!!??). The second section relates to newer vehicles, none of which can be applied to my old jalopy!

8. gowboy

gowboy Read Only Funster

Yes the control panel fuses all show ok, (I did think waste valve might come under the "front of vehicle" fuse on control panel but everything else is still working in that part of van). I will check out the other suggestion of the pillars. Didn't think to check behind curtains there so fingers crossed.... Thanks for your time.:thumb:

9. gowboy

gowboy Read Only Funster

Cheers but still no sign of it - am in contact with someone at benimar owners club who has offered to talk me through it though so am hopeful....
    thx again