LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
Having read a few threads recently on the Spanish weather not being so good this winter I think we must be in some sort of micro climate here in Benidorm. We have been on site now for a week and the weather has been glorious. Have been in shorts and Tshirt since arriving and even out in the buggy have only put a body warmer on. Pat is looking something like a lobster as she enjoys sitting in the sun with her Kindle whilst I play my compulsory afternoon game of petanque. We have eaten out most evenings as we cant buy the ingredients cheaper than the restaurants here. We have full UK TV and unlimited wifi for Skype etc. Have not used any gas since arriving as we are not tripping any electric regardless of what we have on. We have a fully serviced pitch with tap,black dump for the tanks and sky hookup all for 405 Emus per month, which I know is expensive for Spain, but is more than compensated for by beer at 1 Euro per pint and cheap eating out costs and free entertainment everywhere. We may just stay a little longer than was first intended.

Malcolm Bolt

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 10, 2011
Harrogate
Funster No
MH
old A class
Exp
since 2011
Having read a few threads recently on the Spanish weather not being so good this winter I think we must be in some sort of micro climate here in Benidorm. We have been on site now for a week and the weather has been glorious. Have been in shorts and Tshirt since arriving and even out in the buggy have only put a body warmer on. Pat is looking something like a lobster as she enjoys sitting in the sun with her Kindle whilst I play my compulsory afternoon game of petanque. We have eaten out most evenings as we cant buy the ingredients cheaper than the restaurants here. We have full UK TV and unlimited wifi for Skype etc. Have not used any gas since arriving as we are not tripping any electric regardless of what we have on. We have a fully serviced pitch with tap,black dump for the tanks and sky hookup all for 405 Emus per month, which I know is expensive for Spain, but is more than compensated for by beer at 1 Euro per pint and cheap eating out costs and free entertainment everywhere. We may just stay a little longer than was first intended.

Sounds excellent which site are you on? We are on the A92 n. direction Alicante cloudless sky sunny and warm

OP
OP
Snowbird

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
Sounds excellent which site are you on? We are on the A92 n. direction Alicante cloudless sky sunny and warm

Hi Malcolm, La Torretta. Just behind Benidorm Palace pitch 100.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
You cor beat it,, if you like it...:thumb:
Like you say it does have a micro climate.

We hope to be back in April but just a fly out visit while the Autotrail is back to the factory for "rectification".. Looking forward to my €5.50 all you can eat buffet inc a beer,,,

OP
OP
Snowbird

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
What site are you on, are there any empty pitches?, as planing to go to Benidorm tomorrow.
Mick

La Toretta. Plenty of pitches available now as most are heading home. On the right hand side of the site,just behind the Palace.

Aug 30, 2012
Home of the war horse
Funster No
MH
burstnar T640
Exp
Hi guys snowbirds comments that €405 per month is expensive for area now to me a new motorhomer that seems like a good deal
So my question is
In that area what is expensive and what's is cheap
And I assume seasonal rates will differ considerably

Thanks peter and Elaine

Pikey Pete

Free Member
May 25, 2008
o
Funster No
MH
o
Exp
Is the Sottish chap, going by the name of Jimmy, in the Autotrail Dakota still there?

He's a solo traveller and quite easy to spot.:RollEyes:

If he is, could you please give him an "All the Best, for a safe journey home" from Pete and all the Cabo. crew that are still here.:thumb:

Thanks.::bigsmile:

Pete:Cool:

OP
OP
Snowbird

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
Ah, that one. I did peer through the hedge. Good location for town.

http://maps.google.co.uk/?ll=38.544...d=RXtf7LWv2K9IKkRPjk0bFw&cbp=12,254.5,,0,6.64

Hi Brian, have used La Torretta for 13 years now. The main reason is its on the Rincon and closest to town. The bus stops right outside the gate for Albir or into town. Its not regimented like El Raco and you don't have to climb the hill on the way home. There is a good mix of nationalities and unlike some sites they don't have little ghettos of the same nationality. for instance the other night we were invited for a drink with some Norwegians and unfortunately for me I was well and truly Norwegianised, if you know the Norwegians you will know what I mean. There is a great old Spanish restaurant just down the road that we use often and for 5 courses and wine the daily menu is 11 Emus. We hardly ever use the English pubs only for the occasional beer.

OP
OP
Snowbird

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
Is the Sottish chap, going by the name of Jimmy, in the Autotrail Dakota still there?

He's a solo traveller and quite easy to spot.:RollEyes:

If he is, could you please give him an "All the Best, for a safe journey home" from Pete and all the Cabo. crew that are still here.:thumb:

Thanks.::bigsmile:

Pete:Cool:

I know Jimmy but have not seen him this year. I did have a walk round the site the other day but didn't spot him. The bar is closed for refurbs so the only people I see are whilst wandering around.

OP
OP
Snowbird

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
Hi guys snowbirds comments that €405 per month is expensive for area now to me a new motorhomer that seems like a good deal
So my question is
In that area what is expensive and what's is cheap
And I assume seasonal rates will differ considerably

Thanks peter and Elaine

Hi, 405 Emus is expensive for Spain in the winter, but Benidorm although is expensive for camping, its OPEN and everything else is cheap because of the competition here. For example there is the corner bar doing breakfast at 1 Euro and the Chinese doing a 4 course meal or buffet for under 5 euros. Eating out and going for a drink is very very cheap. If you want entertainment Benidorm is second to none. I always say that Benidorm is all things to all people. we were eating at La Cala last week on the front line only 10 yards from the Med and for the princely sum of 11 euros had 5 courses including wine. Yesterday we were up at the cross looking over the bay and the view is breathtaking. Benidorm is not just a concrete jungle full of lager louts.

OP
OP
Snowbird

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
Malcolm bolt and his good lady arrived today, only staying the night but we hope to go to Albir to the wok Chinese tonight to eat. Its playing havoc with my diet is Benidorm. Should be interesting as we wont all fit in the buggy so have to take public transport. I hope no one sees me, the shame of having to use public transport :Blush:.

toledo

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 18, 2011
Birmingham
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Life Member
:thumb: Can you tell me if they accept dogs on that site :thumb:

Thanks

Dave