Free Member
Nov 18, 2009
Bolton
Funster No
MH
hymer exsis
Exp
10 years
my advice would be to take the route that your sat nav tells you and make the decision to avoid parking for the night near Barcelona.

Barcelona is full of thieves. I say this having had 4 attempted robberies there, only one of which was successful.

One piece of advice I can give is to keep all your doors locked. We had a crazy guy jump out of his car at a roundabout and come towards us waving his map asking for directions. He opened my passenger door at first and then came round and opened the driver door. Only later did I realise that his purpose was to steal things in my door. As luck would have it there was only a fire extinguisher there and when he realised that he nipped round to the other door.

When somebody comes close to your vehicle assume they are thieves. In barcelona they are.

We also strap our front doors together when we are in Spain just to be on the safe side.

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
MY GOD, Im staying well clear of it. Why do people go there.:Eeek:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
W
Nov 30, 2008
Funster No
I am not wanting to go through Barcelona just a way round it from Sitges to Carcassone.

May 23, 2008
Near Durham City
Funster No
MH
Carthago
Exp
Since 1984
Don't rush into France. We are at Canet it is cloudy and warm but the sun appears to
have gone on holiday. Not many tourists about and have seen very few brits in vans.
Moving towards Narbonne Plage on Monday and may even see some funsters. Prices in France have certainly taken a big jump up and loads of village shops have closed, same as UK really. Stay safe on your journey but just keep driving through Spain.

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
cant say as i have ever had a problem with barcelona . i usually just go through as close to the sea as possible . cant always be on the road right next to the sea .but keep it on the right or left depending on up or down. too many scaremongers around these days .

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back