Benidorm rammed (1 Viewer)

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970
Arrived camping Almafra noon today. I was very lucky and got the only empty pitch.It appears every where in Spain is full....whats going on ????? BUSBY::bigsmile:

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
:winky: Climate change and global warming. :ROFLMAO:

When they kept going on about it, we all thought the UK was going to end up hot and dry, how wrong we was..........................................that's why Spain is full. :Smile:

We got here in November and we had a choice of 3 sunny pitches, and since December its been full people have been turned away and its been the same all over the Costa Blanca. :Doh:
I think we will have to stay here to make sure we get a pitch. :ROFLMAO: Bob.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

ukbill

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 3, 2011
Pinoso
Funster No
MH
4 berth low profile
Exp
starting on saturday 10/3/2012
i think beni started filling up after me and ft left god knows why :ROFLMAO:

Nov 14, 2009
normandy
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
16 years
it'll be interesting to see what happens to the campsite prices next winter .
i think because the weather in northern europe has been so bad that everyone and their aunt who can get away , has. we have been in spain since october and it was very quiet before xmas and then went mad after the new year.

John & Joan

Free Member
Mar 30, 2010
Darlington
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
10 years this time
It is Carnaval time! Lent starts on Ash Wednesday and meat (carna) is not eaten during Lent according to tradition. They had/have the Carvaval celebration to use the surplus meat.

All the sites and Aires are busy. People are coming for the entertainment. Each area has its Carnaval around this time. This will last until the beginning of March.

Info from Theresa of Area Autocaravanas Cartagena, The Aire at Los Delores, which is quite full at present.

Nov 30, 2009
Pickering
Funster No
MH
PVC the PUG
Exp
Since 2009 with motorhomes several caravans then tents before that.
Arrived camping Almafra noon today. I was very lucky and got the only empty pitch.It appears every where in Spain is full....whats going on ????? BUSBY::bigsmile:

DEREK , WERE OFF TO BENIDORM :ROFLMAO::Cool::Eeek:

ukbill

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 3, 2011
Pinoso
Funster No
MH
4 berth low profile
Exp
starting on saturday 10/3/2012
if u say acsi then it will be 18euro+leci

Apr 27, 2009
Departed Cabopino in Oct 17
Funster No
MH
Dakota
Exp
Fulltiming from 2010- 2017
The five sites around Marbella are chocka-block! At Cabopino its been really busy since Xmas. Book before you come or you might be disappointed or get a poor pitch.

Welsh girl

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 7, 2009
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
Since 2004
It is Carnaval time! Lent starts on Ash Wednesday and meat (carna) is not eaten during Lent according to tradition. They had/have the Carvaval celebration to use the surplus meat.

All the sites and Aires are busy. People are coming for the entertainment. Each area has its Carnaval around this time. This will last until the beginning of March.

Info from Theresa of Area Autocaravanas Cartagena, The Aire at Los Delores, which is quite full at present.
So it was you going out of the gate this morning?
I spotted your funster sticker as you were going out of the gate.
pity we didn't see it earlier, we would have come for a chat.
We had just spent the day roaming round Cartagena.
Lots of spaces here Autocaravanas Cartagena, 10e all inclusive.

Last edited:

John & Joan

Free Member
Mar 30, 2010
Darlington
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
10 years this time
So it was you going out of the gate this morning?
I spotted your funster sticker as you were going out of the gate.
pity we didn't see it earlier, we would have come for a chat.
We had just spent the day roaming round Cartagena.
Lots of spaces here Autocaravanas Cartagena, 10e all inclusive.

Hi

We popped in on Wednesday to do some washing but couldn't get a machine until yesterday. Wash all done now and dried.

We always like to get an early start.

Teresa gave us details of a new Autogas station in Cartagena

Angel Bruna at N 37.61702 W 0.98387 Easy to get at. Access just after the roundabout then around the back of the garage.

We had been to Malinos Marfagones on Wednesday and they had no gas.

We tried to find the one at the end of the ramp for the A30 in the city but were just going round in circles from the coordinates given. I now know you have go over the last roundabout and then take the slip road just before the ramp and go under the flyover and back down the other side to get at that one.

Went past Marfagones again today and the pump gate was still locked. I don't know if there is a problem with the autogas there at present.

Might see you around as we are on this coast until April.

Apr 13, 2012
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta Euroyacht
Exp
1996, then break 'til 2011
Could the reason that Spain is so busy with Motorhomes be Simply:

There are so few direct flights to Spain this Winter - and a lot of hotels are closed

If you can get a flight it will be expensive and probably not direct - and when you do get there a lot of resorts (not Benidorm or Marbella) will be 'closed'

I am taking the MH to Majorca in the next few weeks and I can guarantee that the ferry from Barcelona will be pretty empty - Majorca's not motorhome friendly (ferry's expensive as well) but I like it and I need to get there

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back