Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
It does look rather like a place you would store your van in
Yes, yes, I do know what you mean, but when Rita & I, Pat & Neil, Brisey, Neilmac, Skeggysue, and others were there in April 2012, it was very much okay...........at that time. :winky:

Snowbird said:
Will get onto the other job when I get home in December .:thumb:
Cheers pal. :thumb:

Cheers for now,

Jock.

Malcolm Bolt

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 10, 2011
Harrogate
Funster No
MH
old A class
Exp
since 2011
glad you got your wheels back Derek:Smile:

Thats the one Jock. It was absolutely ram jam full. No room whatsoever and rough ground all around it. OK its within walking distance to the Aldi and not far from the Lidle but am sorry its not for me. At 12 Euros per night plus 2 Euros for 10 amp electric I would hardly call it an Aire. It just had the feel of a transit camp to me, maybe I visited on a bad day. Am not the only one to be disappointed by this Aire. Am of the opinion its not what its hyped up to be, sorry. If that is what we are going to be expecting from Spanish Aires then the planners really need a rethink or a visit to France. Will get onto the other job when I get home in December :thumb:.

http://www.theviewthroughourwindow.co.uk/home/stopovers/aires/spain/odissea-aire-calpe/

Lets face it the French are the maestros of the free aire. Spain has been pretty good at allowing free parking but you could not be certain you would not be moved on. It seems more and more places are going this way. We stayed at Tavernes for a few nights. The stationment at the south end was packed out and looked horrible. We stayed on roadside parking areas where the development has not yet got as far as putting up buildings. A few miles to the north police had moved all campers out from an area where last year Guardia had only advised us to move further away from the bamboo as banditos would hide there and steel from us.

If we don't want to hole up in one place long enough to get a decent rate we will probably have to use the new style Spanish aires.

I spotted a small new place north of Oliva. May check it out next week.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Snowbird

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
We all had a run up to the cross this morning. Great views over Benidorm. Then coffee at Poniente followed by lunch at Casa Pepi. I lovely anchovy salad followed by mussels in tomato and basil sauce then beef steak with stroganoff sauce and finishing off with ice cream. All washed down with a nice bottle of Rioja. Bit over budget at 10 Euros each, but we are on holiday ::bigsmile:.
Am putting Smudger on a diet next week :Eeek:

Attachments

• Benidorm 003.jpg
    Benidorm 003.jpg
    95.6 KB · Views: 37
  • Benidorm 002.jpg
    Benidorm 002.jpg
    95.8 KB · Views: 35

jumar

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 6, 2012
Spain
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp
Exp
Since 1994
Not all Spanish aires are like the one at Calpe. Take a look at:

www.camperstopsierraespuna.blogspot.com

This is our neighbours camperstop and, unfortunately, is not being well used. They are going to continue for this season and review their options for next year. It will never have the traffic that the coastal places will have, but for anyone wanting a quiet, tranquil place to park it is perfect. It is excellent for anyone wanting to go mountain walking and biking also. Everyone that does visit has commented on how nice it is and are surprised at the lack of use.

Also take a look at my blog below for info. on the surrounding area.

ju(mar)

OP
OP
Snowbird

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
We were just having a quiet aperitif in the bar before a snack at Marianos when two of the nicest funsters I know turned up. MalcolmBolt and his lovely wife Catherine. Am not sure if its with a kicking K or a curly C, so please excuse me Mrs Bolt. We were well entertained by the camp magician Donny and a great night was had by all.
Lovely to see you two again :thumb:

Attachments

• benidorm 001.jpg
    benidorm 001.jpg
    84.6 KB · Views: 73

Malcolm Bolt

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 10, 2011
Harrogate
Funster No
MH
old A class
Exp
since 2011
Benidorm

We were just having a quiet aperitif in the bar before a snack at Marianos when two of the nicest funsters I know turned up. MalcolmBolt and his lovely wife Catherine. Am not sure if its with a kicking K or a curly C, so please excuse me Mrs Bolt. We were well entertained by the camp magician Donny and a great night was had by all.

You never mentioned a Mariano's what is that? You said you were off to Burger King !! We headed off to look for a hole in the wall and ended up at Rachel's !!
Cathryn had to dance by herself as Pat wouldn't come out to play !!!! :thumb:

OP
OP
Snowbird

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
You never mentioned a Mariano's what is that? You said you were off to Burger King !! We headed off to look for a hole in the wall and ended up at Rachel's !!
Cathryn had to dance by herself as Pat wouldn't come out to play !!!! :thumb:

We went to Burger King, had a burger and was still hungry so went to Mariano`s for a hot beef baguette. If Pat had known you were going to Rachel`s we would have joined you. At least it would have saved me having to dance and I could have carried on with the more important things :winky:. If you have never been to Mariano`s, try the cooked chicken, its the best ever. Also full English breakfast including orange juice at 2 Euros. Let me know when you have a free day and I have a surprise for you.

Malcolm Bolt

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 10, 2011
Harrogate
Funster No
MH
old A class
Exp
since 2011
Benidorm

We went to Burger King, had a burger and was still hungry so went to Mariano`s for a hot beef baguette. If Pat had known you were going to Rachel`s we would have joined you. At least it would have saved me having to dance and I could have carried on with the more important things :winky:. If you have never been to Mariano`s, try the cooked chicken, its the best ever. Also full English breakfast including orange juice at 2 Euros. Let me know when you have a free day and I have a surprise for you.

Uh oh:whatthe:!!!!!

Ps where Marino's????:winky:

Oct 12, 2008
Balma (next to Toulouse) France
Funster No
MH
HymerCamp 51Capucine
Exp
Since 2011/owner since 6/03/2014

Ohooo Dave ..... Un béret??? I bet it's some sort of souvenir of when you were living here in France!:winky:::bigsmile:

OP
OP
Snowbird

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
Ohooo Dave ..... Un béret??? I bet it's some sort of souvenir of when you were living here in France!:winky:::bigsmile:

About 30 years old now, but it still keeps my head warm, more-so now the thatch is gone :RollEyes:

Malcolm Bolt

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 10, 2011
Harrogate
Funster No
MH
old A class
Exp
since 2011
Surprise

Thanks for a fantastic day out Snowbird Pat and Smudger
What an amazing little bay never expected to visit such a place when staying in Benidorm topped off with a splendid meal.:thumb:

OP
OP
Snowbird

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
Thanks for a fantastic day out Snowbird Pat and Smudger
What an amazing little bay never expected to visit such a place when staying in Benidorm topped off with a splendid meal.:thumb:

The pleasure was all ours. Glad you like La Cala. Peters is something to savour and at the price how can you go wrong. I have never had a bad meal there in 13 years. There are not many restaurants that have reserved on every table at lunch time.

ukbill

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 3, 2011
Pinoso
Funster No
MH
4 berth low profile
Exp
starting on saturday 10/3/2012
is that the hotel la cala ?

Malcolm Bolt

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 10, 2011
Harrogate
Funster No
MH
old A class
Exp
since 2011
Pretty Place

The pleasure was all ours. Glad you like La Cala. Peters is something to savour and at the price how can you go wrong. I have never had a bad meal there in 13 years. There are not many restaurants that have reserved on every table at lunch time.

And that board does not mean a choice of starters. In means three separate courses of starters. :thumb::thumb::thumb: It was a cracking meal.

Attachments

• la Cala Menu.jpg
    la Cala Menu.jpg
    96.8 KB · Views: 49
  • La Cala Menu Eng.jpg
    La Cala Menu Eng.jpg
    101.7 KB · Views: 48
  • La Cala Lunch Over.jpg
    La Cala Lunch Over.jpg
    98.8 KB · Views: 53
  • La Cala on the wall.jpg
    La Cala on the wall.jpg
    88.1 KB · Views: 50
  • La Cala Bay.jpg
    La Cala Bay.jpg
    95.3 KB · Views: 50

Malcolm Bolt

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 10, 2011
Harrogate
Funster No
MH
old A class
Exp
since 2011
and the FUN goes on

The FUN in the SUN continues today at Mr Teasy Weasy's :roflmto:

Colourising by Malcolm.:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Attachments

• 20131207_121111.jpg
    20131207_121111.jpg
    99.1 KB · Views: 36

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Caravan & motorhome 45 + yrs
"Fanta".... Limon.... :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

I thought Dave was a hard drinker.... :RollEyes::winky::cry:::bigsmile:

OP
OP
Snowbird

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
"Fanta".... Limon.... :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

I thought Dave was a hard drinker.... :RollEyes::winky::cry:::bigsmile:

I used to drink G&T as an aperitif, I have since changed to G& bitter lemon. That was the remnants of my aperitif :winky:. Dont worry Mo, am still much the same as I always was :thumb:.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back