LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
Well we have settled in well now and I can report on the site facilities. For the 15 Euro per day rate you have to stay for a minimum of 30 days (No problem there). I have a pitch with tap, black and grey dump, electric hookup and English TV on my pitch. There is wifi which is good at 20 Euros per month if you want it. The bar restaurant has been completely refurbished and the menu del dia is 3 courses including a drink for 7 Euros. Beer is 2 Euros a pint. We are a 2 minute walk from the Rincon with all the bars, Chinese and hotels if we require further entertainment than Smudger provides (which is not very often). Petanque starts at 2 PM outside Smudgers van and goes on till sundown, except in inclement weather when we retire to the pavilion (Smudgers van). Any visiting funsters will be put on Smudgers black tank emptying rota (rubber gloves, goggles and green rubber suit provided). We had a visit from members of the Moroccan mob today, Tonka and his wife, but as they were only visiting they were not allowed the honour of going on his tank rota until next time. I hope any passing funsters will call in on there way through (preferably before its my turn on the rota).

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Actually he hasent Brian. Have seen a couple of tag axle 43 footers down here. Not legal in the UK but then again not legal anywhere in Europe. Must be on temp import plates :winky:

Incredible. There might have been one at Marjal, a rich Yank owner who stored it over here and came when he pleased. Huge great marine diesel in the back. He had the most gorgeous push bike I've seen.

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
Incredible. There might have been one at Marjal, a rich Yank owner who stored it over here and came when he pleased. Huge great marine diesel in the back. He had the most gorgeous push bike I've seen.

That's Robert, he is still there uses as his base, he now has 3 pitches with a flamingo and party area, we are still in touch with him and hope to look in on him on our trip. He is a really good guy.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

champers

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Mar 9, 2009
Skegness, UK
Funster No
MH
Frankia i650 FD
Exp
Since March 09
That's Robert, he is still there uses as his base, he now has 3 pitches with a flamingo and party area, we are still in touch with him and hope to look in on him on our trip. He is a really good guy.

Send him our good wishes Carol,
I enjoyed having a good chat with a fellow countryman and of course loved[STRIKE] his[/STRIKE] wife's pink bike ..​

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
Send him our good wishes Carol,
I enjoyed having a good chat with a fellow countryman and of course loved[STRIKE] his[/STRIKE] wife's pink bike ..​

He might still have the pink bike, :whatthe: but the wife is no longer. :Doh: Bob.

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
He might still have the pink bike, :whatthe: but the wife is no longer. :Doh: Bob.

That is true, it's motorbikes for him now.

Will let him know a few of us could be arriving again .

Last edited:

ukbill

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 3, 2011
Pinoso
Funster No
MH
4 berth low profile
Exp
starting on saturday 10/3/2012

if it was the 1 at marjal crevilliant then that is roberts the yank wicked piece of equipment but he also had a 4x4 which had its own carport and was on a pitch by the roadside the only thing i thought of though was why not buy a static because that 1 was on a permanent pitch but still a good mh :Smile:

ukbill

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 3, 2011
Pinoso
Funster No
MH
4 berth low profile
Exp
That is true, it's motorbikes for him now.

Will let him know a few of us could be arriving again .

sorry carol ddbt see your reply would have saved me 3 mins of me life typing :ROFLMAO:

Feb 9, 2008
Corby, Northants
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Since 2007
Hi,
Coming down to Benidorm in January. Looking at Google maps, would I be right in thinking the Mercadona by the CV753 roundabout, just after the Toll gate is the best place to stock up with groceries before entering the resort itself.

OP
OP
Snowbird

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
Hi,
Coming down to Benidorm in January. Looking at Google maps, would I be right in thinking the Mercadona by the CV753 roundabout, just after the Toll gate is the best place to stock up with groceries before entering the resort itself.

It depends on which site you are using. We are within a 2 minute walk from the Dia and other supermarkets. We dont bother stocking up on food here as its cheaper to eat out. Three of us went for a 3 course Chinese meal with wine last night, and the bill came to 18 Euros. I cant cook it for that price.

ukbill

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 3, 2011
Pinoso
Funster No
MH
4 berth low profile
Exp
thats the beauty of beni so much competion that they have to keep their prices down

Feb 9, 2008
Corby, Northants
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Since 2007
It depends on which site you are using. We are within a 2 minute walk from the Dia and other supermarkets. We dont bother stocking up on food here as its cheaper to eat out. Three of us went for a 3 course Chinese meal with wine last night, and the bill came to 18 Euros. I cant cook it for that price.

I will be staying at Villasol which I know has it's own supermarket. However, I thought the Macadona would offer more choice, is near my destination and would be cheaper than Villasol. I'm aware you can eat out very cheaply but do not want to do this fgor all ofg our meals hence the visit to a supermarket.

Feb 9, 2008
Corby, Northants
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Since 2007

I will be staying at Villasol which I know has it's own supermarket. However, I thought the Macadona would offer more choice, is near my destination and would be cheaper than Villasol. I'm aware you can eat out very cheaply but do not want to do this for all of our meals hence the visit to a supermarket.

OP
OP
Snowbird

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
I will be staying at Villasol which I know has it's own supermarket. However, I thought the Macadona would offer more choice, is near my destination and would be cheaper than Villasol. I'm aware you can eat out very cheaply but do not want to do this for all of our meals hence the visit to a supermarket.

If you are staying on Villasol then its best to call at the supermarket on your way in then. As you did not originally post which site you were heading for it was difficult to answer your question.

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000

There is a "mas y mas" and Consum within a 10 min walk from Villasol so its not an issue.. Outdoor market on Wednesday and Sunday for fresh fruit and veg.. There is now a Carrefour express near the Don Poncho hotel as well. Lots of choice... :thumb:

Last edited:

Spottycatz

Free Member
Feb 17, 2013
Racodorm
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt Low Profile
Exp
Still making mistakes! But they're not as costly.
Hi,

Having just had three weeks at Villasol and will be back again in six, I wouldn't 'stock up' with anything. It's all within walking distance and prices and quality vary from place to place. Buy what you need on a dailyish basis. That's the beauty of being in Spain, even Beni, you don't know what you're gonna find next. I would however take your favourite brand of coffee, as it's the one thing we found that was limited in choice.

OP
OP
Snowbird

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
We are off to La Cala today as its market day. A wander round the Spanish market and then one of the highlights of my stays in Benidorm. An extended lunch at Peters. Am just wondering what Smudger will think about one of my favourite restaurants, photos to follow.

OP
OP
Snowbird

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
So, we went to La Cala today. Ordered a special taxi so that Smudger could get in and off we went at 10 AM this morning. I could not believe that Roger (Wildman) had got lost on his kayak, but as Smudger said, its not that far away. A cracking day out, with plenty of good food,drink and best of all good company. Funsters doing what they do best :thumb:

Attachments

• Winter in Benidorm 007.jpg
    Winter in Benidorm 007.jpg
    94.3 KB · Views: 107
  • Winter in Benidorm 019.jpg
    Winter in Benidorm 019.jpg
    80.7 KB · Views: 103
  • Winter in Benidorm 018.jpg
    Winter in Benidorm 018.jpg
    95.3 KB · Views: 109
  • Winter in Benidorm 001.jpg
    Winter in Benidorm 001.jpg
    98.1 KB · Views: 109
  • Winter in Benidorm 014.jpg
    Winter in Benidorm 014.jpg
    94.7 KB · Views: 97
OP
OP
Snowbird

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
We all went to the campsite BBQ tonight and a good night was had by all. It turns out that Smudgers BBQ was not big enough for entertaining guests so they have had one made for him. I have been informed that because of Smudgers status in the RV community the campsite owners have decided to turn what used to be the carpark into RV friendly pitches. They are widening the gate and making several hard standing pitches complete with waste dump, UK TV, wifi and water tap on each pitch. Am thinking I will have to take all year pitches here now, otherwise we will not be able to get on :Doh:. Why dont I keep my mouth shut. This use to be a lovely quiet campsite.
Smudgers BBQ photos.

Attachments

• Benidorm winter 2013 003.jpg
    Benidorm winter 2013 003.jpg
    93.8 KB · Views: 96
  • Benidorm winter 2013 002.jpg
    Benidorm winter 2013 002.jpg
    94.2 KB · Views: 97
OP
OP
Snowbird

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
Yesterday Smudger elected to cook lunch and I can say in all honesty he makes a mean chicken curry. Good job we had it yesterday as its now throwing it down. His car has been returned and I think its the first time its been washed and polished since new. No stopping him now he has his wheels back. Just maybe I will get that day off he has been promising me now :ROFLMAO:.

Attachments

• Benidorm 2013 001.jpg
    Benidorm 2013 001.jpg
    96.9 KB · Views: 88
  • Benidorm 2013 002.jpg
    Benidorm 2013 002.jpg
    96.9 KB · Views: 87
OP
OP
Snowbird

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
Now Smudger has his wheels back we decided to go in convoy up to Calpe and have a look at the famous Aire they have up there. Unless you like staying on an industrial estate dont bother going :Doh:. They were packed in like sardines in the middle of nowhere, but am told its cheap :RollEyes:. Anyway on the way back after coffee and brandy to recover myself from the horrors I had seen earlier on what the Spanish call an Aire we stopped off at Altea Hills. I thought it would be a nice culture trip for the doc. The photo is of Smudger explaining that the gold roof that the Russian Mafia put on top of there Orthodox church would make more cash than lead. If I climb up and strip it, we will go halfers. Bloody Paddies :ROFLMAO:

Attachments

• Altea 002.jpg
    Altea 002.jpg
    94.5 KB · Views: 70
  • Altea 003.jpg
    Altea 003.jpg
    94.9 KB · Views: 64

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
Snowbird said:
Unless you like staying on an industrial estate dont bother going
Do you mean this one Dave? Odissea Calpe
That's our MH in the middle, with the rear marker board.

We enjoyed our stay there, but it was on the edge of a residential area rather than an industrial area, close to an Aldi and a Mercadonna. Nice views of a big rock. :ROFLMAO:

A 30 minute walk along the rugged coast path takes you to a superb waterside restaurant location. Club Nautico

Cheers,

Jock.

P.S. Can you ask your lad to PM me please, about the matter we discussed recently? :winky: Cheers pal. :thumb:

OP
OP
Snowbird

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
Thats the one Jock. It was absolutely ram jam full. No room whatsoever and rough ground all around it. OK its within walking distance to the Aldi and not far from the Lidle but am sorry its not for me. At 12 Euros per night plus 2 Euros for 10 amp electric I would hardly call it an Aire. It just had the feel of a transit camp to me, maybe I visited on a bad day. Am not the only one to be disappointed by this Aire. Am of the opinion its not what its hyped up to be, sorry. If that is what we are going to be expecting from Spanish Aires then the planners really need a rethink or a visit to France. Will get onto the other job when I get home in December :thumb:.

http://www.theviewthroughourwindow.co.uk/home/stopovers/aires/spain/odissea-aire-calpe/

Pat4Neil

Free Member
Sep 28, 2008
Essex
Funster No
MH
Mercedes
Exp
7 years
Yes Jock you can see the top of our old motorhome with the index number on it. I must admit we had a absolutely fabulous time there didnt we, I thought it was quite central to a lot of the facilities. Because we had blocked booked it and stayed over two weeks on both there aires, we got a good price and wifi and Paella thrown in.

I should imagine it is full up, more so because their Denia aire is closed for refurbishment and people like to stay put for the winter, not something that we would want to do for a long period of time. I think it could be a bit windy and cold there in the winter as the aire is raised up and bit and open land in front of it.

Oct 12, 2008
Balma (next to Toulouse) France
Funster No
MH
HymerCamp 51Capucine
Exp
Since 2011/owner since 6/03/2014
Oh Dear ..... I would not stand it a second even if you pay me! And they call it an aire:Doh:... I bet JJ would not let the Hymer any time to turn round.... a little bit of handbrake and zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz immediate opposite direction:roflmto::roflmto:

I really prefer Mel's aires (Heyupluv) big , quiet, and cheap!!:Cool: and i understand you escaped the place Dave!

Frankie::bigsmile:

OP
OP
Snowbird

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
Oh Dear ..... I would not stand it a second even if you pay me! And they call it an aire:Doh:... I bet JJ would not let the Hymer any time to turn round.... a little bit of handbrake and zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz immediate opposite direction:roflmto::roflmto:

I really prefer Mel's aires (Heyupluv) big , quiet, and cheap!!:Cool: and i understand you escaped the place Dave!

Frankie::bigsmile:

Just thought I would go and have a look at a Spanish Aire Frankie. I have never been on one, so thought I would have a look for myself. I know that one mans meat is another's poison so don't want to disrespect anyone. It just was not what I have always known an Aire should look like. I am just happy that I was in the car and not the camper, looking for a pitch. I hope I have not become difficult to please in my old age :Eeek:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back