Bench seat frame

Discussion in 'Tech/Mech General' started by Redondo, Jul 12, 2016.

1. Redondo

Redondo Read Only Funster

Hello, I established this subject, because I can't find any informations about bench seat frames in web. Actually I really count on your knowledge and look forward for your informations. We are trying to convert our old van into a motorhome and we met problems with frames (we are a little greenhorns). Ok, going to the point, which bench seat frames do you recommend?

2. RogerThat

RogerThat Funster

1999 Swift Sundance 590RL. North West, UK.
    Could you make one?

3. mustaphapint

mustaphapint Funster

Hi. You might find a bit more information on building your own conversion on the sister site diymotorhome.co.uk Good luck with your project and welcome.

4. TheBig1

TheBig1 Funster Life Member

unless you will be needing the bench seat to have seatbelts fitted. in which case, you need to find a manufacturer that has the right certification. then you can build it from lightweight plywood and beechwood timber

• Like Like x 1
  5. Redondo

Redondo Read Only Funster

okk, but do you know any manufacturers which I could contact with? I assume, that in original motorhomes and caravans producers made this frames on their own.

6. TheBig1

TheBig1 Funster Life Member

mainstream converters build frames specific to their conversion that bolt through the floor into the chassis. the latest regulations say that such mountings need to be crash tested, whch costs an absolute fortune
    There are barely any manufacturers of such seats for home build motorhomes. All I can suggest is checking ebay and google for manufacturers of rock n roll beds

7. Geo

Geo Trader - Funster

If you Google or look on e bay for Rock and Roll bed and seat frames like these this one is very cheap and has a belt too
    HERE
    &
    HERE