Free Member
Jul 12, 2016
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
just looking
Exp
since 2015
Hello, I established this subject, because I can't find any informations about bench seat frames in web. Actually I really count on your knowledge and look forward for your informations. We are trying to convert our old van into a motorhome and we met problems with frames (we are a little greenhorns). Ok, going to the point, which bench seat frames do you recommend?

mustaphapint

Free Member
Oct 9, 2015
Worcestershire and Brittany
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Just starting
Hi. You might find a bit more information on building your own conversion on the sister site diymotorhome.co.uk Good luck with your project and welcome.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
unless you will be needing the bench seat to have seatbelts fitted. in which case, you need to find a manufacturer that has the right certification. then you can build it from lightweight plywood and beechwood timber

OP
OP
R

Redondo

Free Member
Jul 12, 2016
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
just looking
Exp
since 2015
unless you will be needing the bench seat to have seatbelts fitted. in which case, you need to find a manufacturer that has the right certification. then you can build it from lightweight plywood and beechwood timber

okk, but do you know any manufacturers which I could contact with? I assume, that in original motorhomes and caravans producers made this frames on their own.

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
mainstream converters build frames specific to their conversion that bolt through the floor into the chassis. the latest regulations say that such mountings need to be crash tested, whch costs an absolute fortune
There are barely any manufacturers of such seats for home build motorhomes. All I can suggest is checking ebay and google for manufacturers of rock n roll beds

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
If you Google or look on e bay for Rock and Roll bed and seat frames like these this one is very cheap and has a belt too

&

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back