Belgium - Motorway Tolling from 2013 (1 Viewer)

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007

Now there a frightening pointer.

Any betting the government is letting the fuel price debate wind up to a good head of steam and then "to ease the fuel burden on the low mileage road users fuel duty is to be drastically reduced and all motorways will be toll roads.

All the trials and groundwork have been done.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Peter JohnsCross MH

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jan 5, 2008
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
Don't think you are far wrong there Brian, been very suspicious of the hundreds of miles of blue plastic pipes being laid down the sides of motorways recently at no doubt ENORMOUS cost

Peter

imprint

Free Member
Jul 14, 2009
Funster No
JC : "been very suspicious of the hundreds of miles of blue plastic pipes being laid down the sides of motorways recently at no doubt ENORMOUS cost"

I agree, Peter, anyone any ideas?

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
JC : "been very suspicious of the hundreds of miles of blue plastic pipes being laid down the sides of motorways recently at no doubt ENORMOUS cost"

I agree, Peter, anyone any ideas?

For modern installations, a national colour coding system for buried services has been agreed by most utilities. In summary, the colours are:

Black - electricity
Red - electricity - some high-voltage cables
Orange - street lighting in England and Wales and traffic control cables
Purple - road lighting in Scotland
Blue - water
Yellow - gas
Grey or white - telecommunications
Green - cable television and some telecommunications.
This colour coding system should not be confused with the one contained in BS1710 which generally applies to above-ground services.

Updated guidance is available which outlines the dangers which can arise from work near underground services and gives advice on how to reduce the risk.

http://www.rospa.com/faqs/detail.aspx?faq=262

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

hailman

Free Member
Nov 4, 2009
IoW
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
Lots, on and off, way back to VW splitty`s!
I hope they plan to resurface and fill the pot holes ... worst motorways I have ever had the misfortune to use .

My first thought when I read the thread title. It`s like being at home, here on the Isle of Wight ::bigsmile:

AdgeRas

Free Member
Sep 17, 2009
Bristol
Funster No
Exp
Don't think you are far wrong there Brian, been very suspicious of the hundreds of miles of blue plastic pipes being laid down the sides of motorways recently at no doubt ENORMOUS cost

Peter

If you are talking about the british motorways, then it might be the Highways Agency's fibre network that they use for traffic management along the entire motorway network. (and the network that feeds all the electronic signs on the motorways)

I know one of the managers on the project and I have written a lot about it too for my own studies. But the cost of that project is about £415 million for establishing the network and run it for 10 years.

If you are really curious about it, more information can be found here: Link Removed

About the topic

I wonder if we should start going via Luxembourg when going to Denmark and enjoy the lov fuel prices there or maybe take the ferry instead of driving through the continent?

Rasmus

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back