Beginner (1 Viewer)

WeekendGypsy

Free Member
Aug 17, 2016
Funster No
we have had caravans & trailer tents for 30 years but at Malvern we bought are first Motorhome. Could you please tell me the best magazine to buy

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Any real motorhome 'news' you find in a magazine would probably have been discussed here weeks ago. That said, magazines do carry some good features. The biggest (in circulation and weight) is MMM followed by Practical Motorhome. They are both good magazines. Joining the Caravan Club and or the Camping and Caravan Club will get you a monthly club magazine too.

Upvote 0

Anthea M

Free Member
Deceased RIP
Oct 18, 2015
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
Since 2009
Congratulations Hello and welcome :WelcomeFlag:Especially if you only went for a browse!
We have both magazines monthly and CC monthly but you get much more up to date info on here! It's well worth the £15 a year for all the help ,advice and fun !( my husband says it's the best £15 he has spent as it keeps me guiet!! Don't know what he means!):winky: hope to meet you at a rally soon!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Rob and Val

Free Member
Oct 17, 2010
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Talbot Compass Calypso
Exp
Since July 2010
Hi.gif
and a warm welcome from us.

Upvote 0

Lot lover

Free Member
May 13, 2016
Lot, France
Funster No
MH
Le Voyageur Integral
Exp
New boy
I don't subscribe to any magazines but agree that it would be better to spend your hard earned on a sub here. If only because you can ask a specific question and not have to wait months to read an answer.

Upvote 0

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014
Larn yersell french, go to France and pick up one of their mags.

You'll then, even with a smattering of french understand the difference in attitude between this over regulated country of ours and their, 'Enjoy your motorhome' attitude.

It's a joy to pick up their mags, even if I don't understand about 85% of what's in them.

Upvote 0

Silkcut1105

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 3, 2011
Swansea
Funster No
MH
autotrail chieftain
Exp
Since 1991
mmm and camping and caravanning are the best i think .and a warm welcome to the funsters any thing you need to know will get answered here a lot quicker than any book or magazine:hiya2:

Upvote 0

EX51SSS

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 18, 2015
North Manchester
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis A Class
Exp
since 2007
@rich g Have you seen Funster @EX51SSS in this months a photo with his van!?
Thank you again Anthea, yes that's the Exsistravigansa meet. We had a great weekend and we were all amazed at each Exsis was different in some way, whether layout, type of cooking hob, showers door, fridge, cooker etc. We didn't find 2 identical. Plus what fittings we've individually done. The was also a lovely couple from Antwerp, Belgium who joined the meet, Chris and Peter.
Although every van was different in one aspect or another, we all had the same conclusion, it's a brilliant sub 5.5 metre, sub 3.5 tonnes tardis.

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back