Before My Policy Ends, Do I Still Have to Pay the Old Company? (1 Viewer)

StephenMoore

Free Member
Feb 13, 2013
NA
Funster No
MH
NA
Exp
NA
Hello all,

You may choose to leave your present auto insurance carrier for any number of reasons, such as poor service, a "personality clash" with your agent, increasing premiums or another reason. While changing insurance companies on your renewal date is usually a good practice, there is nothing to prevent you from leaving before the end of the policy period. However, doing so may not always be the most cost-effective strategy.

Thanks a lot
Stephen Moore

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
And your point is ??????????

We know they charge cancellation fees and they can be high, have you done that and now want to moan about it .??

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Hi Stephen, I can see you are leading up to selling us some insurance, ::bigsmile: (your email address was a big clue) Looking forward to your next pearl of wisdom, though it will cost you tenner to post it.:winky:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
Thought it was something like that.

If its to be a pearl of wisdom I think I can guess the insurer too.::bigsmile:

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
Me too
Thinking of leaving my insurer early very soon,advise please:thumb:
Geo

ourcampersbeentrashed

Free Member
Apr 19, 2008
East London
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
well over 5 years
when we sold our old motorhome because the same company wouldnt insure our new one (it was too new) we lost loads of money in cancellation and admin charges.

Please think carefully before cancelling your insurance part way through the year.

We are currently insured with Safeguard. They use Allianz and we have found them extremely good so far with our claim.

Zurich is also a good insurer

dshague

Free Member
Aug 22, 2007
Funster No
MH
VAN CONVERSION
Exp
20 years
Hello all,

You may choose to leave your present auto insurance carrier for any number of reasons, such as poor service, a "personality clash" with your agent, increasing premiums or another reason. While changing insurance companies on your renewal date is usually a good practice, there is nothing to prevent you from leaving before the end of the policy period. However, doing so may not always be the most cost-effective strategy.

Thanks a lot
Stephen Moore[/QUOTE

point is :Doh: :Eeek:

Jan 27, 2013
Stamford
Funster No
MH
Benimar Mileo 282
Exp
Seven plus years
when we sold our old motorhome because the same company wouldnt insure our new one (it was too new) we lost loads of money in cancellation and admin charges.

We sold our MH and had a few months to wait for the new one. So I contacted the insurance company asking them to suspend the policy.

"no can't do that - sorry"

Okay so I'll keep the policy going, get more NCB and change to the new van when I get it.

"no you can't insure a MH you don't own" Cancellation fee is this, and we gave you a discount when you set-up the insurance and we'll take that back now"

Net results my month DD went down by £10 giving with no extra NCB and no cover :Angry:

"when you get your new MH come to us and we may give you some of the cancellation fees back"

Chance of me insuring the same company? None - I'll never use Safeguard again!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back