Before during and after shots of respray. (1 Viewer)

browne4573

Free Member
Aug 23, 2011
north east scotland
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
So I bought an old campervan sight unseen on Ebay, been having a whale of a time sorting out the various bits, electrical stuff mainly but also put in a replacement carver after breaking the tie bar, fixed the gas oven with a sticky valve, fitted reversing sensors, getting new seat covers made and last weekend I resprayed the cab with the help of a friend, it has turned out ok and certainly smartened up the outside.

Attachments

• cat.JPG
    cat.JPG
    29.9 KB · Views: 186
  • vnduring.jpg
    vnduring.jpg
    87.4 KB · Views: 187
  • vn.jpg
    vn.jpg
    95.7 KB · Views: 194

chatter

Free Member
Aug 3, 2009
cheshire
Funster No
MH
5th wheel
Exp
10+
yep agree the cab looks a lot nicer in white - well done

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
B

browne4573

Free Member
Aug 23, 2011
north east scotland
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
New curtains, and seat covers to go in, need to fathom out where to get a small shower rail from or how to 'heath robinson' one up.

I need to figure out how to drain the fresh water, and also need to bodge on a connection for draining the grey water.

Need to put a shelf over the battery compartment in the wardrobe and figure out how to stop the oven shelves from rattling, transfer all my picniccy stuff in to use etc.

So much to do, I have to go to a wedding this weekend in England 500 miles each way, I am beginning to regret saying 'why don't we take the campervan'!

DESCO

Free Member
Mar 11, 2009
London
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
18 years +12 years tugging
Well done looks a lot better your hard work is paying off.

WE stop all sorts of rattles with old tea towels wrapping or plugging holes, towels mostly got from charity shops, they also make good spill soaker's, and wet dog dryers then either a quick wash or throw away depending on state.

Hollyberry

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2011
New Forest.
Funster No
MH
None.
Exp
4yrs
Great transformation. Would be great to see interior before and afters when you're done.

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
The White makes a huge difference.... Top job!

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
Thank you for sharing, its looking good. :Smile:

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
OK so now you have shamed me into starting ours :ROFLMAO:I intended to do it this yr but in my mind put it off until next ::bigsmile: Started taking stickers off and rubbing down filling etc today ready for some sun tomorrow and paint :thumb:Not too many fly's around so hopefully mask up and paint for around dinner time ::bigsmile:Intending to do the front 1/3 :thumb:up to about a foot behind the cab doors (nice break line there) but who knows once I get going I may well carry on with the whole lot :ROFLMAO:The back does not need much rubbing etc so will see how it goes when I start masking up- done all the bits that need to come off :thumb:Will have to remember to throw a few dust sheets around or I will end up with white block paving :ROFLMAO:(got to spray it on my drive :winky:)
terry

walter senior

Free Member
Jan 7, 2011
forgue aberdeenshire
Funster No
MH
a clas iveco 29ft
Exp
a good job

OK so now you have shamed me into starting ours :ROFLMAO:I intended to do it this yr but in my mind put it off until next ::bigsmile: Started taking stickers off and rubbing down filling etc today ready for some sun tomorrow and paint :thumb:Not too many fly's around so hopefully mask up and paint for around dinner time ::bigsmile:Intending to do the front 1/3 :thumb:up to about a foot behind the cab doors (nice break line there) but who knows once I get going I may well carry on with the whole lot :ROFLMAO:The back does not need much rubbing etc so will see how it goes when I start masking up- done all the bits that need to come off :thumb:Will have to remember to throw a few dust sheets around or I will end up with white block paving :ROFLMAO:(got to spray it on my drive :winky:)
terry
it looks a good job and you should be very proud of it good luck. Walter.:thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb:

lugnutt

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 9, 2007
wednesbury.westmidlands
Funster No
MH
autotrail apache
Exp
10 years
hi .looking good what did you use 2pac,aerosols,brush?:thumb::thumb::thumb:
dave

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
Here he is::bigsmile:

Attachments

• 3_2_108.jpg
    3_2_108.jpg
    3 KB · Views: 12

Daisy21

Free Member
Aug 22, 2011
Berkshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2007
The white makes a huge difference to the look of the van. So impressed with all the DIY work that goes on in these vans. Would love to see before/after shots of the interior when you've done :Smile: Has a very appealing look to it ::bigsmile: Hope you have just as much fun travelling in it as you are obviously having doing it up.

Daisy2

aba

Free Member
Oct 27, 2009
yorkshire
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
dec 2009
if you can get hold of some small silicone hose you can split it and put it on the oven racks to stop rattles.:thumb::thumb:

OP
OP
B

browne4573

Free Member
Aug 23, 2011
north east scotland
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
Thanks for all the nice comments, it's not a perfect paintjob by any stretch of the imagination but it doesn't look bad for a 26 year old.

I am not doing much to the interior, I have put a new carpet in and have new seat covers being made and curtains. I'll post pics when it's done. Most of the work was rewiring the bits that had been bodged over the years. Oh and fitting a leisure battery, split charge relay etc.

Had to do a bit of gas work such as fixing the oven and chanI ging the water heater. Took my time and used lots of soapy water to check for leaks. I also borrowed the gas sniffer form work to check everything so I am confident it won't explode! I have fitted a CO alarm a smoke detector and a fire extinguisher as belt and braces. Spot the health and safety manager!

OP
OP
B

browne4573

Free Member
Aug 23, 2011
north east scotland
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
if you can get hold of some small silicone hose you can split it and put it on the oven racks to stop rattles.:thumb::thumb:

I think I will just leave it, it adds character and hides the rattles from the rest of the van!

The previous owner didn't have the v5, it finally came today so I can use it on the road, as a bonus the previous owner also didn't send in the tax disc so for £7 I can get a duplicate which is current until next march, woohoo.

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Right :thumb:After being Shamed into the respray it is now complete (white)All that's left to do now is get the stickers done :thumb: but I will leave that for a couple of days so the paint hardens off :winky: Every body keeps asking if we have painted it to sell as it looks the same as before :Sad::Doh: but at least I know she is a nice new shinny white :ROFLMAO::Smile:
terry

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back