LIFE MEMBER
Jan 29, 2014
UK
Funster No
MH
WildAx PVC
Exp
From November 2013
Looks interesting, & just down the road from us. Will go & have a chat with them when we get back in a couple of weeks, & report back.
More useful if anybody's had personal experience though.
How would it affect insurance/ warranty etc? (integrity of the shell I suppose...)

EDIT answered some of my own questions
http://www.beenybox.co.uk/faq.html

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Mar 16, 2010
Carmarthenshire
Funster No
MH
In between
Exp
Since 1988
image.jpg
image.jpg
http://www.beenybox.co.uk/index.html
Has anyone had any dealings with this company?
My TEC freetec has two fitted...they were on when I bought it. I'm not sure I would have paid to have them fitted myself . They are useful even though the TEC has a garage...being below the water filler they are perfect for hosepipe and watering can and the second one houses the levelling ramps.
The photos are of my van on the website

Last edited:

Brisey

Deceased RIP
Sep 4, 2007
Sutton on Sea
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2003
We had a Beeny Box fitted to an Autosleeper Ravenna about 8 years ago. They are a good solution if you have a shortage of storage space. Down sides are that they are quite expensive, and that they are not waterproof. It is also a long way down to Cornwall to have them fitted.

Brisey.

CWH

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 29, 2014
UK
Funster No
MH
WildAx PVC
Exp
From November 2013
It is also a long way down to Cornwall to have them fitted.
For some!
Good excuse for a rally - book a mass fitting & get a discount! Could take over a field or a site, or better still a beach, & run a MH shuttle into Camborne... Of course you'd need to book decent weather as well, it's lousy at the moment...

jonandshell

Free Member
Dec 12, 2010
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Not got one!
Exp
Since 2006
Not had them, but looked at them on MHs at dealers.

All I can say is if you put anything in them, you'll be swerving around puddles!

Nov 6, 2013
S. Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
The usual
Exp
Since the beginning
Does anyone else do anything similar ?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

injebreck99

Free Member
Dec 5, 2011
norfolk
Funster No
MH
Low profile C Class
Exp
Since 1997
We had one fitted to our Bolero a couple of years ago while on holiday in Cornwall, very useful for muddy boots, hookup cables, levelling wedges etc, but we wrap things up just in case, as others have said, expensive but worthwhile.
Just be aware that the seagulls are very vocal in Camborne, 24 hours a day.

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
Our Pilote came with a "beeny box" in the skirt (only it was a factory extra) which is pretty well designed as it has a lid and no water at all gets in. We store the blocks, hoses and EHU plus a few other bits in there. Very useful indeed.

The Point is that the runners and bits all seem to be standard kit, so a really competent DIY'er could probably fabricate something as it is only the skirt that is cut. Mind you, not a job for the faint hearted

OP
OP
Electraglide
Jul 27, 2010
Farnham Surrey
Funster No
MH
Bilbos Nexa
Exp
on and off since 1980
The Point is that the runners and bits all seem to be standard kit, so a really competent DIY'er could probably fabricate something as it is only the skirt that is cut. Mind you, not a job for the faint hearted

No problem making waterproof boxes, C&G for sheetmetal work many years ago, but as you say, cutting the skirt and fixing it to the box is not for the faint hearted.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back