rainbow chasers

Free Member
Oct 30, 2009
Mid Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Various
Exp
O/H and I went off looking at vans today....looking at upgrading the Elddis to a newer one, and also looking for some 'older' ones.

Had this idea, for those on a budget, going to festivals etc that some older ones, hired at cheap rates may be appealing. I did a search online, and found some companies were renting old ones for the same money i charge for new!!:Eeek:

Anyway - we went for a browse, popped in the usual suspects and a few smaller outfits for the older vehicles. We then saw a Iveco Burstner....looked suitably aged from the outside. Had a quick nose round the exterior - seemed fairly presentable. Went inside and was shocked...it was actually really nice and spacious, interior looked modern, all but for the ceramic sink etc. What a nice layout!

I guess I shouldn't be so judgemental sometimes - but i was expecting brown velour!

So if you are looking for a budget van, and don't mind LHD - then maybe look at one of these - they won't win beauty awards, but they are twin wheel, commercial based (so last a while) and the interior space is very similar to an a-class!

(Layout very similar to the laika ecovip)

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
1981 beast for sale, see my avatar Tony. Good price to chatters, only £6000

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
rainbow chasers

rainbow chasers

Free Member
Oct 30, 2009
Mid Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Various
Exp
1981 beast for sale, see my avatar Tony. Good price to chatters, only £6000

Lil too retro for what i am looking at, trying to cater for those that want modern without modern prices. So looking at things that are fairly modern, but horribly cheap! The maintenance will be an issue anyway - so trying to avoid things too rare. I will only be keeping them on for a season a time.

However, i will be sorting the website out soon which will have lots of new bits and updates, i will be putting a classifieds on, and where you are in devon it may be worth popping it on there! Lots on demand for retro!:thumb:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back