Been Tasked With Finding A Dog For Woman (1 Viewer)

Allan & Loren

Free Member
Dec 8, 2014
Leyland, Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Dakota
Exp
Since 2014
Preloved can be good just be careful as the owners trying to get rid won't be as honest about any problems as dog homes would be as Dog homes want what's best for the dog and the new owner.

We've got 2 cairn terriers which are a great breed and quite small. There is also lots of rescue places for every breed type with dogs desperate for rehoming.

Good luck in finding the right one.

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
Bernard...Please don't beat yourself up! sobbing here.....:censored:

A rescue dog I think the way to go...spread the love

Dec 27, 2014
Funster No
Can't beat a Jack Russell cross.
Ours is a fantastic little madam, wouldn't be without her. I'm in Dublin today, she's with us and would not leave without her.
image.jpg

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
We have a Chihuahua / Jack Russell cross - cute as anything and so loving! She can be 'naughty' but that's mainly 'cause hubby lets her get away with murder! She's a great little dog, travels beautifully and loves being in the camper and visiting various places. Being smallish she is easy to take with us wherever we go and doesn't take up much room when she sneaks into our bed!

We also have a Staffie / Greyhound cross and whilst she's lovely too she is fairly big ... she kept growing! One thing you have to be aware of is that Staffies are restricted in some countries so if you get one be prepared to have to have it muzzled - not ideal - fortunately our Romy doesn't look massively like one so we don't have a problem.

We also have a Patterdale Terrier and she's a little madam at times - very loving when she wants to be but by heck she can be a feisty little b*gger! I thought Jack Russells had attitude at times, but she knocks spots off them!

If I was looking for another dog now, I'd certainly consider another Chi/JR cross (aka as a JackHuahua ... or as I call ours a 'Chisel') as she's just great ... I've had a LOT of dogs:

Sally - Manchester Terrier & ?
Pootle - Lab/Alsation
Barley - Whippet/Lab
Poppy - Whippet/Border Collie
Honey - Alsation/?
Kizzie - Alsation/Jack Russell
Midge - Jack Russell/Westie
Romy - Staffie/Greyhounds
Lily - Patterdale Terrier
Tazzy - Chihuahua/Jack Russell

OP
OP
Jaws

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
And she has got a dog..

it is not a cross or a mongrel

It is however a working dog at least.. Its a Working cocker

had to pay silly money and a part of my anatomy mind.. And it aint been injected, has no chip, no passport, but it has been de-flea'd and wormed

Collect it middle of May

big thanks to all for your input and suggestions (y)

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User

Our youngest one is a working cocker. They are great. Mad but great and quite easy to train as well. If you've not had one before you're going to have great fun :D(y)

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
My Mum has got 2 cockers. Not sure if they are working cockers, they are bloody nuts though.

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
How did that happen Jaws, is it a puppy, they are so cute.

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Dawn (B ) very kindly tried to help by putting me in touch with someone that brings homeless dogs over from Romania.. Mrs Xenophobe 1949 poo poo'd that right off the bat !!!

HELP !!!!!!!!!!!!

Quite right too, have you ever tried teaching on English !

Gellyneck

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 5, 2014
Scotland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
More than toes wet now!
And she has got a dog..

Eh, you?

it is not a cross or a mongrel

had to pay silly money and a part of my anatomy mind.. And it aint been injected, has no chip, no passport, but it has been de-flea'd and wormed

So fully complies with the defined non-negotiable specification handed down from on high then!

Collect it middle of May

big thanks to all for your input and suggestions (y)

Jul 3, 2008
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Apache 700
Exp
since 1998
Best way is to find all the rescue kennels in your area, visit each one, and look at the dogs on offer, chances are you will come away with one that you both like, don't forget the dog has also got to like you otherwise you will have nothing but problems.

Dec 27, 2014
Funster No
Aww what a beauty! She looks gorgeous lucky doggy.
She's spoilt rotten.
She senses when we're off in the motorhome and follows me around inches from my ankles so we don't get away without her.
Went down the hall this morning and was aware she was behind me, went into bathroom and closed the door and turned and tripped over her !.... LOL.
Little torture on occasion !

parknride

Free Member
Jan 21, 2014
cumbria
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
since 1988
She's spoilt rotten.
She senses when we're off in the motorhome and follows me around inches from my ankles so we don't get away without her.
Went down the hall this morning and was aware she was behind me, went into bathroom and closed the door and turned and tripped over her !.... LOL.
Little torture on occasion !
She has such a beautiful trusting little face, if I see her I might pinch her :)

old1

Free Member
Jul 28, 2012
Funster No
If you've only got one leg, Dave on the left is the dog for you, the little sod always just nicks 1 shoe/slipper, by the end of day he will have 3 or 4 in his basket in the kitchen, but likewise can't get in the van without him.
Loves a nice campsite with lake, sorry again to all the fishermen in Wiltshire Easter, he just loves a morning swim,

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
Find a pet a home is on stv now. Maybe you might see one there

Last edited:

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
My parents used to breed cockers..... that was many years ago.

My dog chose me. I will never have another dog as there would never be another that could compare with her.

OP
OP
Jaws

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
How did that happen Jaws, is it a puppy, they are so cute.

It happened cos I gave up !!! No matter what I came up with it was wrong..

Said to Mo, you want a dog, YOU find one !

With help from one of the myriad grandkids she spent about 3 hours trolling through all the same sites I had found..

She suddenly realised that what she had tasked me with was impossible, so she 'settled' for ÂŁ600 worth of poop machine that filled virtually none of the criteria she had set !!!!!

Dave K

Free Member
Mar 24, 2015
Somerset
Funster No
MH
Pilote P740C
Exp
Since 2013
Bernard, this is exactly why I have fought against having another dog for the past 8 years.
Ralph ( a springer ) did well and was 17 years old when time finally took its toll.
He was adopted by us aged 12 when his owner lost interest ..
I had to carry him in to the vets in his bed.. All the folk in the waiting room looked at us and smiled and went ahhh

As I left, sobbing like a baby with his lead in my hand the place fell silent

We have had dogs for many many years.. All sorts from BIG buggers to not so big ( although we have only actually owned a couple.. All the rest have been foster dogs or semi adopted ones )

Three dogs have been with us to the end and it has been me, alone, taking them on their final journey ..
Purely from a selfish point of view I have refused to take on another as it kills me every time it happens.
Now, Woman has brow beaten me in to accepting another family member.

I know full well I ( we ) will love what ever she gets and it will once again be a cherished family member.. But I have told her, that when the time comes.. it is HER that must do that final drive next time. I do not think I can take it again

I look at it this way, your couple of weeks/ months of grieving are nothing in comparison to the 10 years of happiness you both get, more importantly you've given the dog a decent life, not doing that because of the inevitable ending is selfish, and we're all guilty of thinking that way

OP
OP
Jaws

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Actually Dave, it has been 31 years since George ( 1st cross Alsation Collie ) died.. I still miss the big daft old sod :cry:

OP
OP
Jaws

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
The one she has got ( will get.. date of collection is the 16th of May ) is KC registered.. Isaac Willow is his registered name.. Though apparently the poor thing is to be called Dillon :whistle: :ROFLMAO:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back