Been flying ... find me in the clouds (1 Viewer)

filopastry

Free Member
Nov 11, 2013
london
Funster No
MH
littleun
Exp
newbie and learning every day
Bet you thought I had dissappeared, not quite, been busy playing with my new toy a microlight aircraft. I have now been permitted (licenced) to fly and carry passengers and feel rather proud of myself doing all this in French having arrived in France 10 years ago with only two words of French. Any hoo, below I have listed three short videos (not BBC quality) I hope you enjoy them and if ever in our area of France, call, say hello and maybe even take a flight around the glorious Charente Maritime.
www.la-brise.fr

Regards

Phil

OP
OP
filopastry

filopastry

Free Member
Nov 11, 2013
london
Funster No
MH
littleun
Exp
Good luck with your lessons mickey, I never realised what I was missing till I did this scary, exciting, relaxing and damn good fun. Buttons yes there is a max weight but it's more of a matter of getting in the seat. The max weight for machine and passengers is 450kg my machine weighs about 24Okg I am a cuddly 90kg leaving a theoretic 120KG, then depends on the day, the warmer it is the harder it is to find lift

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
That's two flyers now @chockswahay also has a license..a pro though I think:) Have fun must be a hell of an experience. I got a prop airplane flight to Dusseldorf once..That was nerve shattering enough for me thank you!:(

Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
Good luck with your lessons mickey, I never realised what I was missing till I did this scary, exciting, relaxing and damn good fun. Buttons yes there is a max weight but it's more of a matter of getting in the seat. The max weight for machine and passengers is 450kg my machine weighs about 24Okg I am a cuddly 90kg leaving a theoretic 120KG, then depends on the day, the warmer it is the harder it is to find lift
Oh dear jetlag03 we will need a long runway a hot day and a cliff edge to get me and you airborne. I watched a program last night filming aboard a two man microlite over Wales, looked very snug but some fantastic views and extremely invigorating I would think.(y)

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
Oh dear jetlag03 we will need a long runway a hot day and a cliff edge to get me and you airborne. I watched a program last night filming aboard a two man microlite over Wales, looked very snug but some fantastic views and extremely invigorating I would think.(y)

If a a massive heart attack = invigorating I guess your right Buttons!:imoutahere:

Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
If a a massive heart attack = invigorating I guess your right Buttons!:imoutahere:
Yes JM I have been giving it some thought and I'm not really sure it is for me. I would miss all that bag check-in and departure lounge bit.
Good luck with your recovery though whatever it is you are recovering from.(y)

OP
OP
filopastry

filopastry

Free Member
Nov 11, 2013
london
Funster No
MH
littleun
Exp
It certainly aint for everyone, my missus will NEVER get aboard. She supports me from the ground and at a distance. The strange thing is I am TERRIFIED of heights and at about 4 metres I would clamp my arms around a ladder and swear never to let go. Not a theory, actually happened, I only eventually came down when my wife threatened to shame me in front of all the neighbours by calling the firebrigade to get me down. Yet, in the microlight at 3000+feet high and I'm in seventh heaven. Life's strange init.

Mar 23, 2012
sleights
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
But dont forget the fuel!!!. I fly this Broken Link Removed started on gliders 30 years ago changed to motor gliders when the kids meant there wasn't time for proper gliding.

Mar 23, 2012
sleights
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
Bet you thought I had dissappeared, not quite, been busy playing with my new toy a microlight aircraft. I have now been permitted (licenced) to fly and carry passengers and feel rather proud of myself doing all this in French having arrived in France 10 years ago with only two words of French. Any hoo, below I have listed three short videos (not BBC quality) I hope you enjoy them and if ever in our area of France, call, say hello and maybe even take a flight around the glorious Charente Maritime.
www.la-brise.fr

Regards

Phil

If you are near Leicester get in touch and I will take you up in the motorglider. Had a flight in a dodgy french microlight (3 axis) in Calvados a few yers ago grossly underpowered and stank of petrol inside but survived!!

Mar 23, 2012
sleights
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
Never felt afraid of heights when flying but don't like looking down from buildings height is safety when flying as long as the wings stay on!!!

daved2524

Free Member
Jan 27, 2016
Manchester
Funster No
MH
5th wheel and a Nissan
Exp
Since April 2016
Hi jetlag03 I have a flexwing at Weatonzoyland but planning to sell as I am going to be traveling in my 5th wheel caravan when I get it next month. I cannot fly and travel at the same time so one will have to go. I have a Tanarg 912s.

daved2524

Free Member
Jan 27, 2016
Manchester
Funster No
MH
5th wheel and a Nissan
Exp
Since April 2016
This is my baby same to see it go

image.jpeg

OP
OP
filopastry

filopastry

Free Member
Nov 11, 2013
london
Funster No
MH
littleun
Exp
She is a fine looking specimin AND a 912s Ohh mi legs 'ave gone all sort a weak @daved2524

OP
OP
filopastry

filopastry

Free Member
Nov 11, 2013
london
Funster No
MH
littleun
Exp
Forgot to mention thanks for the invite @The Wino .. you may live to regret the invite like mushrooms I have a habbit of "popping up" . What do you fly @Cossieg ? and finally @daved2524 with a 5th wheeler can't you find space to "shash" the little lady ??

Mar 23, 2012
sleights
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
Forgot to mention thanks for the invite @The Wino .. you may live to regret the invite like mushrooms I have a habbit of "popping up" . What do you fly @Cossieg ? and finally @daved2524 with a 5th wheeler can't you find space to "shash" the little lady ??
No problem if you are around this way and I'm current (not been getting around to flying so often these days). If we visit your bit of France might ask the truckers question to lady hitchhikers "a ride for a ride"!!!

C

Chockswahay

Deleted User
I have a theory that we are not so much afraid of heights ............ as falling from them :eek:

I know that sounds bonkers, but in a flying machine there is no 'scale' joining you to the ground. On a fixed object however there is the 'link' that joins you t the ground and makes you realise how vulnerable you are:oops:

I went up on my roof a few years ago to fix a few broken tiles (December storm). The roof was about 35ft high....... once there I could NOT bring myself to come back down:eek: In the end my wife called the fire brigade and they came and rescued me:whistle:

I was literally frozen with fear!

Now this may not seem odd .............. but I am a fixed wing pilot and at that particular time a professional hot air balloon pilot!

The only time I used to feel a little scared in the balloon was at or above 8000 ft altitude ............. for some strange reason I would start to feel as if I could fall over the side of the basket! .......... by 10000 ft I was usually knelt down in the basket because at this point the sides felt as if they were getting smaller and smaller :eek:

It's a funny old life innit?

daved2524

Free Member
Jan 27, 2016
Manchester
Funster No
MH
5th wheel and a Nissan
Exp
Since April 2016
I see your point about heights. Over 5000ft in a open cock pit aircraft you do feel very alone. I wish I could take my aircraft with me when I get my 5th wheel van and go traveling but it just will not fit.

Mar 23, 2012
sleights
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
I see your point about heights. Over 5000ft in a open cock pit aircraft you do feel very alone. I wish I could take my aircraft with me when I get my 5th wheel van and go traveling but it just will not fit.
Try aerobatics in an open cockpit glider that feels a little insecure

C

Chockswahay

Deleted User
Try aerobatics in an open cockpit glider that feels a little insecure
Haha......:D I nearly fell out of an RF4 at the top of a loop that went wrong :eek: Ended up inverted, engine cut, fuel coming out of the fuel tank :rolleyes:

Gravity took over and saved the day for me (y)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back