LIFE MEMBER
Oct 11, 2009
East Wittering. West Sussex.
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis i588
Exp
Started in 1980
Ok, I'm wading in now. Having just changed motor homes from a rear lounge that converted to an emperor size bed, we now have two singles above garage with option to convert to double bed. Purchased new single duvets and sheets(top and bottom)
First night I found I had to go downstairs( real shock when you live in a bungalow) to retrieve the duvet.
Now tuck the sheet and duvet in along the motorhome sidewall and everything stays in place whilst still allowing that loose fitting cover towards the centre ( if you see what I mean). (y)

Shrimp

Funster
May 27, 2015
Bedfordshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Hymer B584
Exp
Long time
I would have thought a Duvet underneath and one on top would be far too warm in summer, whichever way round you put them!
We have a fitted sheet underneath, flat sheet & Duvet (summer or winter) on top & a fleece blanket between sheet & Duvet when it's REALLY cold!!

awg

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 9, 2013
Suffolk, UK
Funster No
MH
WIldax Altair RS
Exp
Since 2015
We started by buying two Duvalays earlier in the year when we got our first Motorhome. I know they get rave reviews but we just can't get on with them. We have good mattresses so don't need the topper and find fitted sheets and single Duvet's easier and more comfortable.

When I get round to it I think we'll put the nearly new Duvalys on eBay.

Allan

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Motorhome Muppets

Free Member
Dec 1, 2014
Nr Uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2012
After faffing around with sheets and duvets, we decided to but Duvalays. Best thing ever. So warm and comfortable. Don't bother with a bag or the straps you get with them, just roll up. Bed made in seconds :clap2:

GeebeeJaybee

Free Member
May 28, 2015
St Helens
Funster No
MH
A Class - Adria Vision
Exp
After faffing around with sheets and duvets, we decided to but Duvalays. Best thing ever. So warm and comfortable. Don't bother with a bag or the straps you get with them, just roll up. Bed made in seconds :clap2:
I think this probably depends a lot on the layout you have.

If you have a layout where you have to make the bed up each night these would seem ideal. For those with a fixed bed they seem very expensive when you can just use normal bedding.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back