May 27, 2015
Bedfordshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Hymer B584
Exp
Long time
What bedding do you use, double bed?
We have a Hymer with the drop down bed, a cheap fitted bottom sheet, has to be cheap the good ones are too big. The only thing is it's hard to fit!
I like a flat sheet and then a Duvet. Using a flat sheet means I don't have to wash the Duvet cover so often!
We use a Kingsize Duvet, that way I always keep covered no matter how much OH pinches!
So, what do you use?

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Same as you except we have 2 double duvets as I'm a cold b*ggar! :D

OP
OP
Shrimp

Shrimp

Funster
May 27, 2015
Bedfordshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Hymer B584
Exp
Long time
Well, at least one person had the decency to reply!
Thank you MinxyGirl.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
Double fitted sheet underneath, tucked in for the cut out on the transverse bed (I also made some fitted sheets from flat sheets but then found a source of "long" doubles) then duvet on top. We were using a double duvet but last weekend took the king size from our bed for some reason and it was better than the double :)

mjltigger

Free Member
Nov 12, 2014
Trowbridge
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Dakota Max
Exp
4" memory foam topper, deep fitted double sheet, 4 season duvet on top..

GeebeeJaybee

Free Member
May 28, 2015
St Helens
Funster No
MH
A Class - Adria Vision
Exp
Our overcab bed is a king size so ise a kingsize fitted sheet and ks duvet.

Dec 24, 2009
bedworth warks
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
2009 previously a tugger for thirty years
Ordinary fitted sheet, pulled under for the cutoff, as the mattress on the French bed is deeper than the overcab bed in the Bessie, with a normal just double, quilt on top. Both beds have tended to come 'untucked' s bit on the wall side (the roof on the overcab) One of the daughter has said you can get clips, joined by a sort of bungy or tape, to attach under the mattress to keep the bedding neater and we keep meaning to look, but haven't yet. Might do the trick or not. An American used a pair of Walmart crossover braces, with the centre clip removed which are ideal - but of course we don't have a Walmart ! LOL

Oct 20, 2014
Hampshire
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral 680 SL
Exp
Since 2014
Still refining our system - but as we find the bed a bit hard we have two memory foam toppers and sleeping bags underneath then two single duvets, usually on the double bed. We use single stuff so we can use the single bunks if we want without having to double up on the bedding.

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
Hymer b644 ..

Good quality cotton bedding and duvet from John Lewis, same as we buy for home..

Double fitted sheet and duvet in both the drop down bed and fixed transverse bed
Hymer mattresses are top quality, so no toppers or memory foam required..

and both fitted sheets fit fine.

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
Rapido 9090

Flat sheet on the drop down bed. That works fine.

The rear island bed has Duvalay fitted sheets - not a topper or those sleeping bag things, just cotton fitted sheets. The fit is perfect and they are really good quality.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Ordinary fitted sheet, pulled under for the cutoff, as the mattress on the French bed is deeper than the overcab bed in the Bessie, with a normal just double, quilt on top. Both beds have tended to come 'untucked' s bit on the wall side (the roof on the overcab) One of the daughter has said you can get clips, joined by a sort of bungy or tape, to attach under the mattress to keep the bedding neater and we keep meaning to look, but haven't yet. Might do the trick or not. An American used a pair of Walmart crossover braces, with the centre clip removed which are ideal - but of course we don't have a Walmart ! LOL
These are what you're looking for:

41qHiE2GhhL._SY355_.jpg

They are basically short 'trouser' braces without the middle connector ...

Mar 16, 2010
Carmarthenshire
Funster No
MH
In between
Exp
Since 1988
Two single fitted stretchy sheets on the transverse bed over the garage as it has two individual mattresses even though it is a double and a king size duvet.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back