Free Member
Aug 28, 2012
Suffolk
Funster No
MH
coach built
Exp
I'm new to it
We are off to collect our first MH - an Auto Trail Tracker - tomorrow, and I think (I hope) I have packed all we need for the night we are staying at the site close to the dealer. Am so excited not sure I will sleep tonight !

For the moment we are taking a duvet to sleep ON and a duvet to sleep UNDER which will be fine for one night. I have seen the duvalay matress toppers - does anyone have experience with them and are they any good please ? They LOOK ideal, especially with the sheet fitted round them, and that should make it dead easy to make up the bed.

Anyone know if they are good ?
anna

Mar 16, 2010
Carmarthenshire
Funster No
MH
In between
Exp
Since 1988
:Smile::Smile:We also have an Autotrail tracker RS. We have duvalays for the bed and find them excellent. Expensive to buy but certainly worth the money.
We have had ours a couple of years now and I reckon they must have paid for themselves in comfort.
Hope you enjoy your Tracker as much as we have so far.:Smile::Smile:

Upvote 0
Dec 6, 2011
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Coach built Adria
Exp
Since 2007
agreed with last post. Duvalay great bit of:thumb: kit but EXPENSIVE:Eeek:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
Dec 6, 2011
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Coach built Adria
Exp
Since 2007
PS; they are bulky when rolled up so you either need space to store or best on left out on the fixed beds ( dont know your layout or van so have no idea where they would stow ):Doh:

Upvote 0

Dubiousp

Free Member
Jul 3, 2012
Hampshire
Funster No
MH
Eldis Autoquest
Exp
First
Well Ive never seen these before but they look great, any suggestions from those in the know on the best size to get

Upvote 0
Mar 18, 2012
Loch Lomond Scotland
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2011
Memory foam toppers

I have just had an email from Groupon advertising the Silentnight range of "toppers", look like a good price too, single, double and kingsize all at £49, anyone got any experience of these ( Silentnight ) ?, and what would be the problem involved in splitting the double into two singles, that would then be a VERY good price.

Upvote 0

MikeandCarolyn

Free Member
Mar 18, 2008
Worle,North Somerset
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2009
Just had a look at duvalays-seems a good idea until I started thinking about where would I carry one of a higher Tog rating for when weather changes-as it does about this time of year.
We have a fixed bed with a Memory foam topper permantly in place.The summer duvet is on bed at moment and the winter one is rolled up very small and fits under bench seat.
Just a thought-do you carry 2 different Tog ratings with you ?

Mike.

Upvote 0
Jun 2, 2010
Flintshire
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
since 2010
We have an expensive memory foam mattress at home and it really is the business so thought we would buy a topper for the mhome to goon top of the make upbed cushions, when I unpacked it, it was only 1" thick. I didn't think it would be at all effective, surprise surprise it really is effective, it flattens out the bumps of the knee rolls on the seating cushions and it really is comfortable:thumb:

Upvote 0

spitfire

Free Member
Oct 13, 2010
Correze France
Funster No
MH
Bavaria
Exp
Since 2003
I bought our topper from Ikea and it does the job well and was not expensive. Our bed is cut off at the corner so marked the foam , cut it and turned the excess cover underneath. Job done. Cheap enought to replace if doesn't last too long but one year on still perfect :Smile:

Upvote 0

camper

Free Member
Oct 5, 2011
England
Funster No
MH
VW T5 campervan
Exp
cutting memory foam mattresses

I have just had an email from Groupon advertising the Silentnight range of "toppers", look like a good price too, single, double and kingsize all at £49, anyone got any experience of these ( Silentnight ) ?, and what would be the problem involved in splitting the double into two singles, that would then be a VERY good price.
I bought a double because it works out cheaper-sorry can't remember manufacturer.Had to cut them in a hurryso they looked a bit tatty so put them inside a quilt cover.Very comfy if not a perfect fit.A lot depends on the quality rather than the thickness.These were about 4 inches thick and quite bulky.
At a later date I bought this
2" Double Memory Foam Mattress Topper
21AuEwhUpdL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

from amazon for £35 and I notice theyre now trying to sell them with a mattress protector which seem to get good reviews but again I just use a quilt cover.This 2" topper is easily as comfy as the thicker one and it has a protector on it which is nice to the touch and doesn't get as hot as the thicker one.
One night I used it to sleep in the awning and it produced copious amounts of condensation under the mattress next to the fitted groundsheet so I would advise against this.
While we're on this topic do posh motorhomes have extremely comfortable beds?Surely they don't need mattress toppers as well?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Dubiousp

Free Member
Jul 3, 2012
Hampshire
Funster No
MH
Eldis Autoquest
Exp
First
Were pretty new to the MH world and visited the show last week. We took the plunge and bought 2 duvalays following the advice on her, I must say although quite pricey how comfortable they are. :thumb::thumb:

Upvote 0

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
You won't regret the Duvalays unless you are really short on space - they can be a bit bulky but in my view more than made up for by the comfort.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
annadg

annadg

Free Member
Aug 28, 2012
Suffolk
Funster No
MH
coach built
Exp
I'm new to it
Just had a look at duvalays-seems a good idea until I started thinking about where would I carry one of a higher Tog rating for when weather changes-as it does about this time of year.
We have a fixed bed with a Memory foam topper permantly in place.The summer duvet is on bed at moment and the winter one is rolled up very small and fits under bench seat.
Just a thought-do you carry 2 different Tog ratings with you ?

Mike.

I wasn't really thinking of anything other than the topper - we use a normal duvet, and I have one of those all seasons ones - a 4.5 + a 9. so will take what we think we are going to need - still very much at the "suck it and see" stage of seeing what works for us!

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back