Beaware of computer scam. (1 Viewer)

Mar 24, 2010
stoke on trent
Funster No
MH
relay lwb pvc
Exp
6 years
A lot of you have probably come across this but I hadnt.You log on to laptop/computer and voiced message comes up that you have been scammed and all your details are at risk and your computer will be locked in 5 minutes unless you ring a "toll free phone number" 0800-----.It is a scam that has caught out many people .Run a security test on your virus protector to check all is OK.I got details off Google of scam as well. Reguards Chris.

Apr 29, 2009
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Burstner Nexxo T740
Exp
since 2008
Wife clicked on one of those "stories" on Facebook which imply that some famous person has passed away and it popped up the same - voice saying your computer will be locked. I just shut the laptop down and restarted and gave advice...

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
Thanks. I know most people on here wouldn't be taken in... but I am rubbish and often don't click on GENUINE messages because I am so NON-COMPUTER savvy... :( ... Am grateful to you for letting us know.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

DigglyDog

Free Member
Jan 25, 2016
Milton Keynes
Funster No
MH
Bailey Approach 620 SE
Exp
Wife clicked on one of those "stories" on Facebook which imply that some famous person has passed away and it popped up the same - voice saying your computer will be locked. I just shut the laptop down and restarted and gave advice...
Don't forget to report it to Facebook - probably too late but you never know...

Jan 28, 2008
Dovercourt, Harwich, UK
Funster No
MH
Renalt burstner
Exp
7 years campers before that
i did the same this morning interesting looking story on face book then couldnt leave the page it sent me to with a number to ring rebooted and virus scanned found nothing

138go

Free Member
Feb 26, 2016
Funster No
MH
Carthago 138
Exp
Since 2001
With an Apple you can just Force Quit the Browser and carry on. I know there are viruses out there for Macs but you normally have to agree to download something first which you never do :xThumb: unless you know the source.

Feb 9, 2008
SW Scotland
Funster No
MH
LP Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2008 after caravanning for 20 years
In Windows open Task Manager, select processes, browser, then right click and select 'end process'. Usually does the trick.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back