Funster
Jul 7, 2009
Nr Jct 3 M6
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Aug 09 to date 9,000 miles!
I have an idea that's where we found the Watercress Festival just finishing - reminded me of a Cotswold touristy village transplanted - it was charming!

Is that where the aire is at the top of the hill, and it's OK walking down to the village and lovely walking round it, buttttt .......

OP
OP
wizzer59
Apr 18, 2009
Englishman in Mid Wales
Funster No
MH
Hymer B584, A Class
Exp
Not long enough!
I don't understand that :confused: I originally posted on my phone and I checked before posting to make sure it worked, thanks to those who did try fix it(y) but sadly I can't find a way to make it work on my PC :doh:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
wizzer59
Apr 18, 2009
Englishman in Mid Wales
Funster No
MH
Hymer B584, A Class
Exp
Not long enough!
Never seen that before?? the link I paste in the link box is totally different to the one that opens when you click on it???:confused:o_O

OP
OP
wizzer59
Apr 18, 2009
Englishman in Mid Wales
Funster No
MH
Hymer B584, A Class
Exp
Not long enough!
Sorry guys cannot get the link to work but if you paste;
even more beautiful villages in the UK
in google you will see what I was on about:confused:

O

Old Soldier

Deleted User
Strangely this thread reminds me of a day I had many years ago. I was driving coaches at the time and was asked by the boss to do a "Mystery tour of Wiltshire Villages" as I was not familiar with the area, I asked where I should go and was given a few ideas by an old hand. On the day the guests turned up but without the original trip organiser. When I asked if anyone knew where we were going I was told " No, and we don't want to know...it's a mystery"!! Off we went from Wincanton, through the Deverill's, onto Westbury, Bratton, Edington. They were all happy, chatting away without a clue as to where they were. I tried to tell them twice more but they did not want to know. As we went on I could hear them guessing..."perhaps we will have our picknic lunch at Longleat", or "Stonehenge" or " Gold Hill in Shaftesbury"......on and on we went, Tilshead, Shrewton. Stapleford. Somewhere near Heytsbury I had to stop and tell them that this was a Wiltshire Villages Mystery tour and that they had already missed half of it!! During the second half they asked me to do a running commentary about the history of all the other villages we went through.....Remember, I had only just come out of the Army and that apart from being posted on Salisbury Plain I didn't have a clue. I made it up as we went!! Do you know King Arthur, Queen Vic, Henry 8th, Einstein and many others all lived in the Wiltshire villages from time to time!! ::bigsmile:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jun 8, 2015
Honiton,Devon
Funster No
MH
Bessacar E410
Exp
Since 2014

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!