LIFE MEMBER
Jun 21, 2013
Europe
Funster No
MH
Hymer 564
Exp
Since 2010
I have just bought tickets for the festival (y)

Are any other Funsters attending?

This is a first for me so any tips about the festival will be welcome.

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
This will be our fifth year in a row. It's the best festival of the year.

We aim at arriving at about 1pm - 2pm on the Thursday but they seem to fill the campervan field differently each year so it doesn't really matter other than the queue isn't usually too bad then. Take an aquaroll or other water carrier because you won't be moving your van to fill it up. Also make sure your toilet is empty because last year the containers for emptying didn't arrive until Friday afternoon.

You can take your own drinks in with you if you want (no glass though!) so that can save you a bit of money although the bars aren't that expensive.

It's a really laid back festival so once you're in just chill out and enjoy it. It's worth finding and checking out the Little Tea Shop, usually at the top of the hill in the camping field above the main stage and the Bimble Inn.

The Tibetan food stand is amazing. It's usually past the Big Top right at the end. It's worth queuing!

OP
OP
Flamenca

Flamenca

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 21, 2013
Europe
Funster No
MH
Hymer 564
Exp
Since 2010
@NickNic Thanks for the tips. Will there be sufficient space between MH's to use an awning?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
@NickNic Thanks for the tips. Will there be sufficient space between MH's to use an awning?

If you tell the marshals you need to put one up then they'll give you the space. If you don't say anything then they probably won't.

Lots of people with VW type campers use them with no issues.

We go with some friends who also have a MH and park up so our windout canopies just about touch giving us a completely covered space between the vans.

It's not like a campsite or a rally though, there's no 6 metre rule and the van on the other side of you might be pretty close depending which way round they need to park.

Brian and Jo

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 24, 2007
oswestry,shropshire
Funster No
MH
A-Class N+B Arto 88F
Exp
Been motorhoming for 15yrs.had an American RV for 7yrs,Now got a Niesmann Bischoff Arto 88F
It's not like a campsite or a rally though, there's no 6 metre rule and the van on the other side of you might be pretty close de
Very risky ,what if there is a fire:eek:
Brian & Jo

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
Very risky ,what if there is a fire:eek:
Brian & Jo

Never been a fire in any campervan field at any festival that I'm aware of (y) They pretty much all run their campervan fields the same way and there are an awful lot of festivals on the calendar now. I'm not sure of the exact number but it's into the hundreds.

No more risky than parking on some horrible campsite and a lot more fun (y)

That's what some people say about aires as well. I don't see the problem with those either.

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
@Flamenca Don't expect to see rows and rows of conventional motorhomes and campers either.

You will see some very strange vehicles and even stranger people in that field. It's great fun though. (y)

Brian and Jo

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 24, 2007
oswestry,shropshire
Funster No
MH
A-Class N+B Arto 88F
Exp
Been motorhoming for 15yrs.had an American RV for 7yrs,Now got a Niesmann Bischoff Arto 88F
Never been a fire in any campervan field at any festival that I'm aware of (y) They pretty much all run their campervan fields the same way and there are an awful lot of festivals on the calendar now. I'm not sure of the exact number but it's into the hundreds.

No more risky than parking on some horrible campsite and a lot more fun (y)

That's what some people say about aires as well. I don't see the problem with those either.
Fair enough
Brian & Jo

OP
OP
Flamenca

Flamenca

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 21, 2013
Europe
Funster No
MH
Hymer 564
Exp
Since 2010
@Flamenca Don't expect to see rows and rows of conventional motorhomes and campers either.

You will see some very strange vehicles and even stranger people in that field. It's great fun though. (y)

It sounds as though I will fit in well :D2

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
We're in the second field in the front right corner if anyone's about and fancies a beer

One flag pole has a Devon flag and a duck. The other has a Cornwall flag and green blue and yellow streamers.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back