Beautiful Botswana (1 Viewer)

May 30, 2012
Bristol
Funster No
MH
PVC Vantage Neo
Exp
25 years
Just back from an amazing overland trip to Botswana. We hired an Avis Safari vehicle and went on a trip with our brother-in- law and sister. Wilding in the bush surrounded by wild animals, I was rather apprehensive at the beginning as we have never even done any "wilding" before. Certainly willing to give it a go now though. We were amazed at the number of youngish Europeans going out into the bush on there own, certainly opened our eyes. Africa can be very scary but also amazingly beautiful. Glad to have a proper shower at the end though I think most of the Kalahari was in my hair. We flew into Jo'Burg and picked up our vehicle there before driving to Botswana. Can't wait for our next trip a quiet weekend on a campsite at home is calling!!

Jabberwocky

Free Member
Aug 14, 2015
Yeovil
Funster No
MH
MWB coach build
Exp
I'm a newbie
Botswana is fantastic, we went camping there 2 years ago, Khama rhino sanctuary, elephant sands, and then three nights wilding on an island in the Okavango delta, that was an experience, especially listening to lions hunting zebra one evening on the island next to ours. Especially as we had been walking around that island only a few hours before.

homercostello

Free Member
Jul 11, 2010
kidsgrove staffs
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs globetrotter
Exp
9 years
Used to work at the copper mine at silebe pikwie for Mcalpines, on our spare time would chase ostrich in our land rover . That is when we were not in the local shabeens:LOL::LOL:(y)
Jeff

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Wicketter
May 30, 2012
Bristol
Funster No
MH
PVC Vantage Neo
Exp
25 years
Yes we went to Mabuasehube , Moremi, Magoto, Chobe and from there on a visit to Vic Falls. We would certainly like to go again ! The driving was such fun, we just need to think about how brave we would be to go on our own. I would certainly recommend Avis Safari Drive vehicles though, a slight change from our camper but a great experience. I think if we went again we would fly up to Maun or Francistown and hire from there. Namibia is another destination we would consider.

Hollyberry

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2011
New Forest.
Funster No
MH
None.
Exp
4yrs
Always wanted to visit. Interesting history and economy, as well as very beautiful.

V envious of your trip!

Jabberwocky

Free Member
Aug 14, 2015
Yeovil
Funster No
MH
MWB coach build
Exp
I'm a newbie
I adore Africa, such a fantastic place, very friendly people. We have been camping in Kenya, Uganda and Rwanda as well. Rwanda is stunning.

I'd go to Africa every holiday if I could, but we have bought a MH to see more of the U.K. And Europe.

pops

Free Member
May 1, 2012
south glos
Funster No
MH
Pilote panel van
Exp
since1997
Hi Lesley and Den, Welcome back home, glad you enjoyed your trip. We will keep looking out for you on our travels.

MattR

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2013
Beds
Funster No
MH
Panel van
Exp
Years
I love Africa and have spent 10 months traveling around East, Central and Southern Africa. Unfortunately, many countries have been ruined by violence, corruption and AIDS. I'm not sure when it will be safe to return to some of the places that I used to enjoy visiting but AFAIK, Botswana and Namibia have avoided many of the issues that have devastated their neighbours.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back