Beautiful Botswana

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by Wicketter, Nov 17, 2015.

1. Wicketter

Wicketter Funster

Just back from an amazing overland trip to Botswana. We hired an Avis Safari vehicle and went on a trip with our brother-in- law and sister. Wilding in the bush surrounded by wild animals, I was rather apprehensive at the beginning as we have never even done any "wilding" before. Certainly willing to give it a go now though. We were amazed at the number of youngish Europeans going out into the bush on there own, certainly opened our eyes. Africa can be very scary but also amazingly beautiful. Glad to have a proper shower at the end though I think most of the Kalahari was in my hair. We flew into Jo'Burg and picked up our vehicle there before driving to Botswana. Can't wait for our next trip a quiet weekend on a campsite at home is calling!!

• Like Like x 13
  2. Jabberwocky

Jabberwocky Funster

Botswana is fantastic, we went camping there 2 years ago, Khama rhino sanctuary, elephant sands, and then three nights wilding on an island in the Okavango delta, that was an experience, especially listening to lions hunting zebra one evening on the island next to ours. Especially as we had been walking around that island only a few hours before.

• Like Like x 3
  3. homercostello

homercostello Funster

Used to work at the copper mine at silebe pikwie for Mcalpines, on our spare time would chase ostrich in our land rover . That is when we were not in the local shabeens:LOL::LOL:(y)
    Jeff

4. Wicketter

Wicketter Funster

Yes we went to Mabuasehube , Moremi, Magoto, Chobe and from there on a visit to Vic Falls. We would certainly like to go again ! The driving was such fun, we just need to think about how brave we would be to go on our own. I would certainly recommend Avis Safari Drive vehicles though, a slight change from our camper but a great experience. I think if we went again we would fly up to Maun or Francistown and hire from there. Namibia is another destination we would consider.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Hollyberry

Hollyberry Funster

Always wanted to visit. Interesting history and economy, as well as very beautiful.

V envious of your trip!

6. Jabberwocky

Jabberwocky Funster

I adore Africa, such a fantastic place, very friendly people. We have been camping in Kenya, Uganda and Rwanda as well. Rwanda is stunning.

I'd go to Africa every holiday if I could, but we have bought a MH to see more of the U.K. And Europe.

• Like Like x 3
  7. pops

pops Funster

Hi Lesley and Den, Welcome back home, glad you enjoyed your trip. We will keep looking out for you on our travels.

8. andy63

andy63 Funster

Any photos.. ??? sounds like a fantastic trip.
    Andy

• Like Like x 1
  9. Mattyjwr

Mattyjwr Funster Life Member

I love Africa and have spent 10 months traveling around East, Central and Southern Africa. Unfortunately, many countries have been ruined by violence, corruption and AIDS. I'm not sure when it will be safe to return to some of the places that I used to enjoy visiting but AFAIK, Botswana and Namibia have avoided many of the issues that have devastated their neighbours.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Wicketter

Wicketter Funster

Certainly was a fantastic trip. In the process of writing my blog Andy, loads of pics on there follow the link in my signature or www.4wheelcamping.uk

• Like Like x 1