Beauclaire oven

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by bubble, Feb 9, 2010.

1. bubble

bubble Read Only Funster

Hi everybody no doubt you have read about us wanting a cobb or a dutch oven, well today we got a beauclaire oven. I can hear you all saying you mean a beauclaire portable gas cooker/bbq. well I had never heard of them either so I contacted beauclaire and asked them is this one of your products, after a few I dont knows they said they would ring back. After a very short time they did indeed ring back saying that they had phoned spain and yes this was one of thier products but it was no longer in production but the owner still had his and it could be used to roast, bake cakes, pizza and most other things you need an oven for. When they were produced they were sold at olympia but they were very expensive and demand was not high so production stopped. It can be used on gas, electric ,petrol and meths burners. I will try it out wednesday and let you know how i get on. Maybe somebody has one or has used one they are a strange looking thing and it even has a thermostat on the front of it, looks like something out of wallace and gromit. thanks to everybody who read my thread looks like we can now get cooking, watch this space, lynne:thumb:

2. bubble

bubble Read Only Funster

Hi everybody I told you I would let you now How I got on with the beauclaire oven well its great, what a fantastic piece of kit. I put 3 jacket spuds in the bottom loads of room for more if needed and then I placed a frozen ready meal on the top rack, just to see how it would work . I put it on the gas ring on full and sure enough the pressure stated to rise and it was quickly up to 250 and you could smell the potatoes cooking , after about 30 mins the ready meal was piping hot so I removed it and had a munch just to check it was cooked , and it had done a great job , I left to spuds for about 1hour 20 in total and checked them and they were crispy and fluffy just as if they had been cooked in a normal oven. What a great buy for 20quid. :thumb: