Free Member
Jul 17, 2012
Eastbourne
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
since 2005
We think of the dangers from people on motorway stops in the south of France and in Spain, but we were driving along a quiet little country road along the Loire (D952) when I saw a couple of men in a lay-by pointing to our van and indicating that we should pull in.

We didn't.

It was very obvious that they were trying to get us to pull in so they could do whatever they do - distract us and rob us? - It was not like they suddenly noticed something on our van and showed concern.
They looked like they were from 'Youknowhere' and had an oldish looking, black BMW.
So, be very wary of these people who are out to con us through simple ruses. They are everywhere now.
We tried out our new camera for the first time in the van. I looked for the footage but unfortunately it was too far back and had been erased.:Sad:
Next time I must remember to press the orange button which saves the previous ten minutes!
We had a great little break, nevertheless, and are not put off France:thumb:

Mike and Annie:Smile::Cool:

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Well done Mike and Annie for being aware and not stopping. I know it can be a bit unsettling when something like that occurs but you are right to not let it put you off France. Remember, you are twice as likely to be affected by violent crime (Robbery/Assault) at home in the UK than you are in France! Enjoy the rest of your trip:thumb:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back