Be the third!

Discussion in 'UK Touring' started by Jim, Jun 29, 2013.

1. Jim

Jim Ringleader

Quietest Campsite in West Wales
    Best Views in Wales
    Biggest Sky in Wales.
    http://www.redkitecamping.com/

We've had two campers stop with us this year, who'll be the third? :Rofl1: :Rofl1:

• Like Like x 3
  2. JJ

JJ Funster

We might not be the third but no one forget I was the FIRST to overnight on the new bit... (over the road from those giant blackberries.)

We don't plan too much but could easily be in your area around Malvern time...

JJ :Cool:

3. Wildman

Wildman Read Only Funster

we had 20 for a private party at Easter and three already this week, you see Jim people want to see a buzzard, not go fly a kite,:Rofl1::Rofl1:

Seriously though I do hope things pick up for you. You have worked hard enough at it.

• Like Like x 3
  4. Jim

Jim Ringleader

Thanks Roger. We never did it to make money, mostly to park friends up. We are a bit out of the way, we don't have signs as there is no passing trade anyway and I only mention it on here now and again. MaybeI should promote it more.

It is stunning though, been up there strimming today. The field next to me was cutting hay and we had 3 pairs of kites working the field. Seriously nice and no site can touch it for views. A nice way to spend a fiver:thumb:

• Like Like x 17
  5. ROB1CHELSEA1

ROB1CHELSEA1 Funster

Hi Jim, Jane and I will be in Wales end of July beginning of August. Plan is to driving south to north but will stay a night at yours if your not fully booked by then:Wink: Will bring the sun with us:Cool:

Rob&Jane:Cool:

6. big map

big map Funster Life Member

As someone who has stayed I think you should promote it more. Great site, great location, lovely views and so great to be away from everything.

We are staying in Hotel on Thursday night near you at £120 for the night :Sad: Would have much rather come up in the Motorhome stayed at Red Kite, slept in our own bed and saved a fortune but we needed a car to get to Lampeter uni for 9.30am and Sabena has to be at the uni for 8am so couldn't collect us.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Jim

Jim Ringleader

Thanks for the kind words about the site...Cab into town would have cost you £5:Smile:

• Like Like x 2
  8. Carol

Carol Funster Life Member

Ed and I had a lovely few days there last year, nice walks from the site beautiful views and our hosts were not to bad either :BigGrin: great place to chill out.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Ralph-n-Bev

Ralph-n-Bev Funster

Jim if you were a bit nearer we'd be there like a shot. But your a bit too far for a weekend break. Maybe in the school hols, but your probably busy in those anyway . From the pics and reports I've read , it does look like a great site.

10. JockandRita

JockandRita Funster Life Member

Rita and I also had a lovely couple of days there, but on the front slab, with excellent views too. :Wink:

If it were our CL/CS Jim, we'd be promoting it. :thumb:

Cheers,

Jock & Rita.

11. bobandjanie

bobandjanie Funster Life Member

We loved our stay there. Great hosts and stunning location. Or should that be the other way round?:Rofl1: Jane, Bob and Izzy :BigGrin:

12. JJ

JJ Funster

When/if we visit will the internet connection be fast enough to get the live footy on the internet radio?

My worry is that if it isn't, the second choice would be my Metallica/Motorhead/Judas Priest/Slipknot/Therapy compilation cd and it might upset the chickens... and Rocky!

(Not to mention the Frogs... :Rofl1::Rofl1:)

JJ :Cool:

Last edited: Jul 1, 2013
    • Like Like x 2
  13. rainbow chasers

rainbow chasers Read Only Funster

Judas Priest - that takes me back! Not heard their name mentioned for decades! Rob Halford IIRC? Remember buying British Steel as soon as it arrived. Those were the days!

Jim, I will put the word out for both Yourself and Rogers' sites. Once you have built it up, and become known it will all fall into place! Many people comment on Trevorry not advertising camping and people not realising it is there - but it is always busy!

Give it a couple of years, and you will have lots of return visitors. You have done a great job on the site - looks lovely, and in a stunning place. From what campers say at ours, it is what they want - hidden away, quiet retreats. You have a little gem there!

I'll make up and hand out a few cards.

14. haganap

haganap Funster Life Member

There's a nice campsite at junction 17 of the M6 for your little wagon. All facilities available including Vodka and Whiskey. Reasonable views :thumb: and the owner does fantastic curries, and it's free. Give us a shout too book in :thumb::thumb:

Jim's place is tops, as is Dylan's not far away,

Wish we were't to busy Funstering ourselves at Funster parties to spend more time going over there, maybe in the winter when it calms down a bit. :thumb::thumb:

15. 4matt

4matt Read Only Funster

Your site is just my cup of tea. However your so far away and we can't get over there for just a night or two it would kill us travelling that distance in a day just to come home the next. When we have more time and longer trips planned we will be sure to book for at least a few nights.

Best wishes and hope things pick up for you soon.