BCS Manchester (1 Viewer)

Jul 29, 2011
Urmston, Manchester
Funster No
MH
Former owner.
Exp
June 2012
Having read on here of horror stories when it comes to viewing and buying motorhomes I would just like to give a big up to BCS Manchester.

Went to view a Pilote Galaxy 270 last saturday, Keith at BCS said on the phone that it had not yet been valeted, it looked extremely clean when we arrived. It had obviously been well looked after by it's previous owner (7 Years)

The price was right and we liked the layout, so we bought it.
Keith kept me informed this week, it was valeted, MOT'd including full service and cambelt change.
Within the price there was a TV, microwave and 2 gas bottles fitted.
An awning fitted at a reduced price (Fiamma Zip) so we could get the safari room if we want.

Went to pick it up yesterday and it sparkled, drove really well back down the motorway on cruise.
Been loading it up yesterday with all our gear, will be going through the checklists today to see what we forgot and then off for a few days on saturday.

So all in all it was a smooth and pleasant transaction, all the motorhomes there (mostly inside) were clean and well presented, so we are very happy with everything and now we just need the weather to stay as it is.

Jun 2, 2010
Flintshire
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
since 2010
Just looked at your new pride and joy Paul, it's still showing on BCS website, lovely looking and practical motorhome, good choice:thumb:

OP
OP
PaulyP
Jul 29, 2011
Urmston, Manchester
Funster No
MH
Former owner.
Exp
June 2012
Just looked at your new pride and joy Paul, it's still showing on BCS website, lovely looking and practical motorhome, good choice:thumb:

Thanks, very happy with it, booked in at Parkcliffe in the lakes for sat/sun.
Son looked at it last night and now wants to use it, daughter as well.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
PaulyP
Jul 29, 2011
Urmston, Manchester
Funster No
MH
Former owner.
Exp
June 2012
Having read on here of horror stories when it comes to viewing and buying motorhomes I would just like to give a big up to BCS Manchester.

Went to view a Pilote Galaxy 270 last saturday, Keith at BCS said on the phone that it had not yet been valeted, it looked extremely clean when we arrived. It had obviously been well looked after by it's previous owner (7 Years)

The price was right and we liked the layout, so we bought it.
Keith kept me informed this week, it was valeted, MOT'd including full service and cambelt change.
Within the price there was a TV, microwave and 2 gas bottles fitted.
An awning fitted at a reduced price (Fiamma Zip) so we could get the safari room if we want.

Went to pick it up yesterday and it sparkled, drove really well back down the motorway on cruise.
Been loading it up yesterday with all our gear, will be going through the checklists today to see what we forgot and then off for a few days on saturday.

So all in all it was a smooth and pleasant transaction, all the motorhomes there (mostly inside) were clean and well presented, so we are very happy with everything and now we just need the weather to stay as it is.

I quoted my original post just to reiterate how happy we were when we picked up the motorhome.
I would presume the true test of a dealer is the after sales service and how they react to a problem.
Well on saturday we set off to the lakes for our first run out, just past Lancaster my battery warning light came on and my first reaction was do i have an electrical fault, or do i have a fan belt slipping.
As i was getting near junction 35 and only a few miles from a services i had decided to stop and check it out.
Then my temp gauge went up, i was just at the junction so turned off and stopped on the hard shoulder on the slip road.
Phoned Keith at BCS who agreed with fan belt, ring the breakdown and let me know how you go on,
RAC guy turned up, looked and said that the fan belt was shredded and bits of it seemed to have gone up into the cambelt housing so under no circumstances start the engine in case it causes further damage and he phoned for recovery.
In the meantime i spoke to BCS again who said to get it back to them.
Well the recovery truck turned up and took us back to the dealers, Keith had arranged with the garage who does the work for him to loan us a car so we could get home.
Next morning (sunday) the garage boss was in early to investigate, it appeared that the water pump had begun sticking causing the fan belt to go, and after checking it was found no further damage was done, a new water pump ordered and fitted and tested.
So i get it back tomorrow.
To sum up BCS (Keith) reacted positively and has dealt with the problem and couldn't have been more appologetic for the upset.
Also the breakdown and recovery under Comfort insurance were reasonably quick to deal with us.
So still got positive views with BCS, nobody could have forseen the water pump going as it did, and it's the first time he has ever had one returned on a tow truck.
We changed our booking at Parkcliffe and will be there on this sun/mon.

Wyaye wires

Free Member
Sep 13, 2009
Berwickshire
Funster No
MH
A class Neisman Bischoff
Exp
since July 2009
Glad to hear some positives about dealers. I would like to give praise to Emm-Bee of Bury and all of their team, especially James, who could not have been more helpful to us in our pursuit of 'Nimue Too' our Burstner i821. ::bigsmile:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

greyman1

Free Member
Aug 7, 2011
manchester
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
9 years motorhome / 10 years campervan
its for this very reason that it is now recommended that water pumps and fan bellts are replaced when fitting new cambelts and tensioners [even if the pump is not part of the cambelt run !!! ] i have come across a number of wrecked engines in my time where a fanbelt has snapped and fed its way into the cambelt cover thus liffting the cambelt off the tooth drive resulting in disaster !!:Eeek:

OP
OP
PaulyP
Jul 29, 2011
Urmston, Manchester
Funster No
MH
Former owner.
Exp
June 2012
its for this very reason that it is now recommended that water pumps and fan bellts are replaced when fitting new cambelts and tensioners [even if the pump is not part of the cambelt run !!! ] i have come across a number of wrecked engines in my time where a fanbelt has snapped and fed its way into the cambelt cover thus liffting the cambelt off the tooth drive resulting in disaster !!:Eeek:

The question was asked at the garage why it wasn't done at the same time, reply "it looked ok"
Thats why the garage boss has took full responsibilty.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back