BBC telly in Benidorm on the cheap (1 Viewer)

OP
OP
Gunner

Gunner

Free Member
Oct 11, 2016
Shrewsbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer c544gt
Exp
1 year
I currently don't have aerial. And only home tv 37 inch.

Any advice please

Dec 28, 2015
lake district
Funster No
MH
low profile mh
Exp
Since 2015
Are you camping? Villasol have points next to the electric hookup to plug in your cable

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Gunner

Gunner

Free Member
Oct 11, 2016
Shrewsbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer c544gt
Exp
1 year
haven't booked anywhere yet. Leaving this Tuesday. Hoping to stay about 2 months. Is villasol ok for 2. Dogs. I be been told I need a massive sat dish to watch tv. Thanks

Dec 28, 2015
lake district
Funster No
MH
low profile mh
Exp
Since 2015
as soon as funsters are up and about I am sure you will gets loads of help. I am in Oz and its 9am here which is why I saw your message. Try the group snowbirds which is people who winter in beni.
I know there is a site good for dogs but I can't remember the name.
I feel sure you will be able to get the combo of tv and dog friendly. Good luck

OP
OP
Gunner

Gunner

Free Member
Oct 11, 2016
Shrewsbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer c544gt
Exp
1 year
Ok thanks have just posted on snowbirds. Not easy to find. I newbie and just finding my way around the forum. Thanks hope your roasting in the heat.

froggy59

Free Member
Jul 12, 2011
walkden
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
since 2009
Arena Blanca allow dogs and you can plug your TV in at the why point for English channels. :)

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
La Toretta is dog friendly ( even has a doggy shower ! ) and aerial points to plug in to
The camp site is more or less next to the Benidorm Palace

Oct 20, 2010
Burry Port South Wales
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2003
Not sure about the other sites, but the site TV system here on Villasol is analog, worth checking if your TV will only tune to digital.
Cheers
Ed

Welsh girl

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 7, 2009
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
Since 2004
Not sure about the other sites, but the site TV system here on Villasol is analog, worth checking if your TV will only tune to digital.
Cheers
Ed
Thats a good tip. ours is old enough to be analogue as well but i read that you cant hook up to their tv if your tv is only digital. And dont forget the long cable needed from pillar to van. with the oroper ends of course. we used the one on la torreta. the amount of channels you get is also limited.

OP
OP
Gunner

Gunner

Free Member
Oct 11, 2016
Shrewsbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer c544gt
Exp
1 year
Hi thanks for the help. Looking at arena Blanca to stay. Is close to big nature park for the dogs. And has tv Thanks

Jun 18, 2008
southampton
Funster No
MH
Hymer B588 PL
Exp
34 Years
haven't booked anywhere yet. Leaving this Tuesday. Hoping to stay about 2 months. Is villasol ok for 2. Dogs. I be been told I need a massive sat dish to watch tv. Thanks

The TV is not a problem as most sites in Benidorm provide tv hook up.
Your main problem will be finding a pitch for 2 months as most sites in Benidorm are full. I am on Arena Blanca now and there has been motorhomes staying in the car park for about a month because the site is full.

OP
OP
Gunner

Gunner

Free Member
Oct 11, 2016
Shrewsbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer c544gt
Exp
1 year
Bloody hell. Hymer Mick can't you pull some strings and get me on. Ha ha. I think the only thing to do is get down there and see what available. Looks like I'll get some tv on site.
Which we wanted. Now just a good pitch. Needed. Ok. Thanks

The Camper

Free Member
May 3, 2014
ex/Rochdale now fulltiming
Funster No
MH
Hymer 614sl
Exp
Since 2000
There is a ‘Sat man’ that stops on one the sites in Benidorm – he will set up a dish and system for you with all the channels on for about 30 euros a month, let me know if your interested and I will dig out his number.

OP
OP
Gunner

Gunner

Free Member
Oct 11, 2016
Shrewsbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer c544gt
Exp
1 year
Thanks so much. need to get a pitch first. Sounds things are really busy on all the sites. But once I down there I'll get the number from you thanks

Aug 21, 2008
Lincolnshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Symbol
Exp
Van Conversion
About 20 pitches available on Raco every morning with people moving about.
Most are under trees but hopefully you're able to get a better pitch as people are moving off all the time.
Rents are up on Raco from jan1st 15.50 euros a day for 90 days +
Alan

OP
OP
Gunner

Gunner

Free Member
Oct 11, 2016
Shrewsbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer c544gt
Exp
1 year
Cheers Alan. I know I won't get a great pitch but I'll be glad to get on the way things are sounding. Busy busy

Deleted User
The TV is not a problem as most sites in Benidorm provide tv hook up.
Your main problem will be finding a pitch for 2 months as most sites in Benidorm are full. I am on Arena Blanca now and there has been motorhomes staying in the car park for about a month because the site is full.
Hi when you say full, do you mean no empty pitches or that they are all booked? We are due next Monday and have a pitch booked. Don't want to be stuck in the car park. I'm assuming if booked in they actually have a pitch for us. Never booked before just turned up. :D

Lin :)

Deleted User
Hi thanks for the help. Looking at arena Blanca to stay. Is close to big nature park for the dogs. And has tv Thanks
We are booked in here from nxt week with our three dogs, worked out the best site for them in terms of location and also they don't charge for dogs. Raco charge per dog so can work our expensive.

OP
OP
Gunner

Gunner

Free Member
Oct 11, 2016
Shrewsbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer c544gt
Exp
1 year
We're not as organised as you Lin. But good you mentioned about charging for dogs. If your booked I'm sure your ok. Maybe see you down there. Happy travels

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
@Gunner What I would advise if your not booked..
Get to Beni for midday, Most of the sites are all pretty close together and so if you need to scout around a few it will give you a better chance and also you may catch pitches after people have moved off.
Ref Route, if you look in the resources section my route is there and may give you some ideas.

Dont worry about me guys.. I'M FLYING IN AND STAYING AT TONKA TOWERS (y);)
So that's a space extra for someone..

Jan 10, 2012
London
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
I'm a newbe
For TV if you can get good WIFI theres an App - FilmOnLiveTV which is free to download and use.
go to UK live TV in the App where it will list all or most of the UK Tele. If any selections ask you to download the pay site just press return and you should see the TV channel free.
Happy Travels

Zippy4522

Free Member
Sep 24, 2012
eastwood
Funster No
MH
a class
Exp
Camping Raco has tv aerial points of every pitch and dogs are very welcome. Great site. Best in Benidorm in my opinion.

OP
OP
Gunner

Gunner

Free Member
Oct 11, 2016
Shrewsbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer c544gt
Exp
1 year
Thanks for the app. Will give it a try

Thanks folks.

Jun 18, 2008
southampton
Funster No
MH
Hymer B588 PL
Exp
34 Years
Hi when you say full, do you mean no empty pitches or that they are all booked? We are due next Monday and have a pitch booked. Don't want to be stuck in the car park. I'm assuming if booked in they actually have a pitch for us. Never booked before just turned up. :D

Hi Lin, If you have booked they will have a pitch for you. Did they not a give you a pitch number when you booked?

Aug 21, 2008
Lincolnshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Symbol
Exp
Van Conversion
I have a dog a
We are booked in here from nxt week with our three dogs, worked out the best site for them in terms of location and also they don't charge for dogs. Raco charge per dog so can work our expensive.

I've got a dog and I've had as many as 3 gsds on Raco and I've never been charged for any, it's probably a summer thing

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back