Free Member
Feb 5, 2013
Devon
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
I'm a newbie
Is this battery any good? Also how to I take my old one out and replace it with a new one when I have solar panel?
Broken Link Removed

andy63

Free Member
Jan 19, 2014
south shields
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
since 1990
battery is suitable by the looks as long as you have checked dimensions and know it will fit...sure someone will tell you where to get one cheaper...
you should be able to disconnect the solar output from the control panel to the battery by pulling a fuse... should be located in the positive feed close to the battery...and you can always black the panel out with a suitable cover..
ta andy

Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
Don't Halfords fit for free? I don't do, zero skill level, it always worries me when people on here ask such questions, if in doubt let someone do it for you (y)

Baggers53

Free Member
Dec 30, 2013
Stafford
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
First disconnect any load from the controller, then disconnect the battery, then the solar panel ....
fitting new battery is reverse of the above.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

andy63

Free Member
Jan 19, 2014
south shields
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
since 1990
Don't Halfords fit for free? I don't do, zero skill level, it always worries me when people on here ask such questions, if in doubt let someone do it for you (y)[/QUOTE
I tend to look at it from a different angle dave. ..If you try and do a job yourself, sure you may make a few mistakes but you do learn from them... If it's your own and you are prepared to do that I'd say have a go ...

Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough

I sort of agree with you Andy, but having seen the great flash of sparks 2 weeks ago when I coupled up the wrong end of my jump leads, I am confident I lack all skill, I also nearly set fire to a Maxi (could have been a humane end) trying to fit fog lamps many years ago, I have spent more putting things right than I would have spent paying to have them done :D

ES Cumbrian

Free Member
Oct 10, 2014
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
3 years
Even leisure batteries have a start-up value.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

andy63

Free Member
Jan 19, 2014
south shields
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
since 1990
I sort of agree with you Andy, but having seen the great flash of sparks 2 weeks ago when I coupled up the wrong end of my jump leads, I am confident I lack all skill, I also nearly set fire to a Maxi (could have been a humane end) trying to fit fog lamps many years ago, I have spent more putting things right than I would have spent paying to have them done :D

Lol...I take your point dave...I suppose you have to have the desire in you to want to be able to do it..
I've spent my life buying the gear to do work..on occasion it's most probably cost as much as it would have to get someone to do it,but I have the tools for the next time...
And I suppose if I've done it I know it's done the way I want it... too many quick fixes these days which in my opinion are not always the best way to do a job...

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back