Battery use (1 Viewer)

Jul 17, 2009
Funster No
Can someone more knowledgeable than myself tell me the pros and cons of leaving the MH hooked up to the mains over winter. Will it do any damage to the habitation battery and are there any dangers from leaving the heating on electric setting on a very low heat just to prevent freezing. We have an outside waterproof electric socket so that bit should be ok ? :thanks:

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Most folk ( who can ) leave the vans on hook up all winter,, Personally, given most camper heating systems have a finite life I would be inclined to plug something else inside the van to keep it warm.. I have even used a 100w bulb before now but I would be inclined to look at all the other ( much better ! ) options :)

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Agree with Jaws :Smile: I leave ours plugged in all year round simply to keep batterys charged. I don't bother with any form of heating simply pass all soft furnishings etc through the side window into the house ::bigsmile: I have been known to put the heating on inside the van for a couple of hours before the set off ::bigsmile: same as putting the fridge on the day before :Smile:
terry

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back