Battery to battery chargers (1 Viewer)

May 8, 2011
God's county. Helmsley, North Yorkshire.
Funster No
MH
IH Tio 630 RL
Exp
Since April 1846 but have always camped.
Morning, I know that this has been done many times before but a search brings nothing up.
Went to pick up the van yesterday and the battery was as dead as a dodo so had to do a jump start. Now, I have 2 X 110 a/h batteries and a big solar panel.

The question is would a b2b charger charge the van battery from the leisure batteries? The ones I looked at seemed to charge the leisure batteries from the van battery. i.e the other way round to what I want.

If I can do this what is the one to go for and how easy are they to fit?

Many thanks.

Sep 16, 2013
Horncastle, UK
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2006
The CTEK D250S Dual combined with the CTEK Smartpass will charge your leisure batteries when driving at a rate of up to 100Ah per hour, will replace your solar charger so you have no conflict between a BtoB and solar charger and will then charge your van battery from the solar panel as well.

Also, if you are on hookup and have a 240v charger the van battery will be charged as well (using the above set-up).

It's not the cheapest solution but is the best solution I could find when I was looking for charging my own van (It's what I have).

I did a little video on how it works here if your interested:

...and wrote about it here when I was doing my research:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

dogman

Free Member
Oct 24, 2013
chepstow
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
I'm a newbie
Great video, lots of information in there for those contemplating such an installation, thanks for taking the time.
Cal

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back