Battery question

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by ips, Aug 21, 2009.

1. ips

ips Read Only Funster

Does the battery charger charge the vehicle battery also ? (when on hook up of course)

2. hilldweller

hilldweller Funster Life Member

Ours does, don't know about yours. A voltmeter will tell you, if it's up around 14v it's on charge.

3. Snowbird

Snowbird Funster Life Member

Hi,some do,some dont,Most Hymers do.

4. DESCO

DESCO Read Only Funster

Some do some don't depends on the way the converters wire it.

Some have a switch that you have to operate.

Dave:thumb::thumb:

5. pappajohn

pappajohn Funster Life Member

as dave said 'some do, some dont and some have a switch'

my kontiki has a switch on the control panel so i can charge the engine battery at the flick of said switch when on hookup.

this also allows me to use the engine battery as a leisure battery if i need to.

and as brian said, a volt meter will tell you if its charging the engine battery as well.

at rest your engine battery should read around 12.6v so if its considerably higher than that it should be charging.

6. Neckender

Neckender Funster

C.A.K. tanks also sell a battery master which is very easy to wire up, so when on hook up vehicle battery charges as well, also when parked up at home vehicle battery does not run down so quick as leisure battery takes some of the drain. cost approx £27.

John.

7. ips

ips Read Only Funster

Many thanks gentemen, I will take more notice this weekend of my vehicle battery state and try and determine if it does. We have the radio on quite a bit when we are away (no TV) and it doesnt seem to flatten at all so I think it prob does.

8. hilldweller

Well you are a wierdo. I thought the purpose of MHs was to watch Coronation Street, Korenazion Strasse, Via Incoronazione, Rue des Couronnements in as many different places a possible. Same for all nationalities.

9. ips

ips Read Only Funster

:Rofl1:

Nope no TV, we prefer to listen to the radio whilst playing scrabble and or conversing. We seem to be in the minority however. I am amazed at the trouble some MH/caravaners will go to just to get a picture. Watched a bloke a couple of weeks ago fanny about with a sat dish for.......3....yes 3 hours. Not my idea of a weekend away but each to there own spose. :thumb:

10. hilldweller

You are indeed. And I must plead guilty. I *will* go to great lengths to watch the bike racing on Sundays. Apart from that we'll watch a DVD, reliving the past when there were quality programs regularly. We went through the whole Blot on the Landscape last holiday, we could not believe it's 20 years old, we still fall off the seats laughing. But the original Thomas Crown Affair was very disappointing compared to the new version.

We used to play scrabble with the kids years ago in Eurocamp tents or on boats good fun and enormous benefit to the kids. But grandkids, they demand Disney and other brain dead or brain conditioning crap that plugs beauty and violence as the keystone to life.