Free Member
Jun 22, 2012
Castle Donington
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
30 years caravan, 2 year motorhome
At present we have two 100AH leisure batteries in our motorhome and there is room for a third one.

Can I mix a 110/115AH leisure battery with two 100AH batteries, if so are there any drawbacks?

Secondly, can gel batteries be mixed with lead acid ones?

SMB

Apr 26, 2013
Spain
Funster No
MH
Coachbuild
Exp
Fulltiming since February 2013
My understanding about mixing the batteries is that the higher amp battery is brought down to the amp level of the lower amp battery but can be used safely. As for mixing gel and lead acid I do not know, only ever had lead acid.

Apr 22, 2013
Cotswolds
Funster No
MH
Bailey Approach 625
Exp
Since 2011
At present we have two 100AH leisure batteries in our motorhome and there is room for a third one.
Can I mix a 110/115AH leisure battery with two 100AH batteries, if so are there any drawbacks?
Secondly, can gel batteries be mixed with lead acid ones?

Do not mix different technologies. Lead acid batteries can be either flooded, sealed or gel. Your battery bank should only contain one of these types. The three have different charging systems. Make sure your control panel and solar controller are set to the correct battery type.
Mixing different sizes is ok, providing they are all in good condition. I would not mix a very old battery with a new one.

Sep 11, 2012
Cheltenham
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
I've just had to change a battery on my car,the bosh agent fitted a Agm battery which is supposed to be hold more a
Charge and can be discharged down to 30% capacity with out any problems. Don't think this helps you much but may be wirth looking at in the long term

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back