Apr 16, 2009
northants
Funster No
MH
hymer c class
Exp
since 2007
Hi

Any steer on when to replace batteries,on a 2007 Hymer C Class ?
Brownhills won't cover thi s as part of the annual service, and approaching 5 years old ,I am not wanting to go abroad next summer with a battery that does not hold a charge. The van is on full time link to the electricity at home ,and I noticed that when I disconnected over the xmas period,that the red warning light came on the power display ,and nothing worked until I hooked up again.

Any advice gratefully received

Roger

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
5 years isnt bad for a leisure battery, but i would consider changing it as soon as.

last thing you need is a dead battery when you need it most.

unless you have a 'smart' charger (multi-stage) you shouldn't leave it connected indefinitely

Dec 6, 2011
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Coach built Adria
Exp
Since 2007
With my little knowledge..... batteries tend to establish a patern of their discharge and loading. so if it is not allowed to discharge ( dont mean flat ) or be put underload regulary it will affect the period it is able to handle a load.:Cool:
so constant charge will affect its performance.:Eeek:

having said that 5 years is good.. even the best batteries only give 5 years.:thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

themountaintiger

Free Member
Sep 27, 2009
Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Swift Kon-Tiki 649C Class
Exp
Since 24th March 2010
Id replaced the one 85amp battery I had, when I bought my 3yr old motorhome. This was more to do with the fact that I wanted to upgrade to a 110amp one and actually add a second 110amp battery. Id have thought that 5years is a lifespan of a battery, but appreciate this depends on a number of factors. If yours is not holding charge then I would have thought time for a change to a new 110amp.

-

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back