Battery keeps going flat! (1 Viewer)

neveleven

Free Member
Jun 22, 2008
Funster No
Hi all.... I relaced the car battery on the Roadstar 786 a week ago. Everything was fine then yesterday morning it was flat again. When the dealer did the replacement he found a place where a fuse should have been near the battery. He put a fuse in and said it MAY have been something to do with the fridge. (Don't know whether that is incidental but thought worth a mention). After I take the van for a run it is fine, untill the morning when it is flat again! huh! I leave the van on leisure all the time and never on the car, unless I'm travelling when both lights are turned off. Sorry if this sounds bit vague but hoping to set off abroad soon so ny thoughts or suggestions would be appreciated.

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
flat battery, get a pump.
Seriously, connect an ammeter and see how much current is being drawn, then find the culprit. A good read of the manual would help.

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
i think you answered your own question in your other post re fridge not working. sound like the previous owner had the same problem and removed the fuse to stop the battery going flat.

sounds to me like the manufacturers are cutting costs by just fitting a fuse instead of a relay to the fridge 12v circuit.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:

American Dream

Free Member
Aug 20, 2007
Lincoln
Funster No
MH
?
Exp
?
i think you answered your own question in your other post re fridge not working. sound like the previous owner had the same problem and removed the fuse to stop the battery going flat.

sounds to me like the manufacturers are cutting costs by just fitting a fuse instead of a relay to the fridge 12v circuit.

Yep.

Is the fridge not a 3 way one.

Mine autosenses whether mains is present.If not it looks for LPG or 12v.

While the vehicle is in motion it runs on 12v but as soon as it stops ,
it switches to lpg (if the supply is turned on) which you never do while travelling.

The current drawn while on 12volt is quite substantial and will flatten a battery overnight.

Steve.

Last edited:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back