Battery cover (1 Viewer)

Jul 10, 2014
Cheltenham
Funster No
MH
Elddis Encore 255
Exp
3 years
Has anyone had the battery floor cover crack/break. Suspect I am not alone. Son in law trod on it and it split. My own feeling is that it's not fit for purpose and hope it may be replaced under warranty. Is ther any way to strengthen it or do I need to put a panel or metal plate over it?

Techno

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jul 28, 2010
Leeds the one up North
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7090F 3 litre 160
Exp
May 2010
Mine came with a metal lid under the floor panel. I believe many later vans dispense with the metal one and you have been victim of the consequence

Techno

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jul 28, 2010
Leeds the one up North
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7090F 3 litre 160
Exp
May 2010
One for sale here at a bargain price
Broken Link Removed

two-M.jpg

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Techno

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jul 28, 2010
Leeds the one up North
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7090F 3 litre 160
Exp
May 2010
Given the lack of information provided I had to assume. Photos would help or at least what vehicle are you talking about?

OP
OP
C
Jul 10, 2014
Cheltenham
Funster No
MH
Elddis Encore 255
Exp
3 years
Apologies for the lack of info. The dealer had originally said it was the battery cover. I have since discovered it is not hence the confusion. It is in fact a propriety cover fitted by Elddis and will be replaced under warranty. A well known problem I am told. Not fit for purpose.

Charlie

Free Member
May 16, 2015
Herefordshire / Worcestershire borders .
Funster No
MH
Auto Sleeper Kemerton.
Exp
Im a newbie
We have a cover under the carpet in our van a 2013 Peugeot. Its between the seat and not the battery cover. Under it is a round black cover..
This cover deflects when stood on. We try to avoid putting our feet on it but the wife keeps forgetting !
Not sure if this cover can be beefed up in some way ? It is padded underneath so I assume its meant to deflect and bend but it just doesn't feel right .

Cheers

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
We have a cover under the carpet in our van a 2013 Peugeot. Its between the seat and not the battery cover. Under it is a round black cover..
This cover deflects when stood on. We try to avoid putting our feet on it but the wife keeps forgetting !
Not sure if this cover can be beefed up in some way ? It is padded underneath so I assume its meant to deflect and bend but it just doesn't feel right .

Cheers
that's the fuel tank cover -handy if you need to get at senders and stuff without having to take the tank off (y)
terry

Charlie

Free Member
May 16, 2015
Herefordshire / Worcestershire borders .
Funster No
MH
Auto Sleeper Kemerton.
Exp
Im a newbie
that's the fuel tank cover -handy if you need to get at senders and stuff without having to take the tank off (y)
terry

Thanks Terry. I nearly took the cover off to have a look but thought it best to leave it alone (y)

Any ideas on how to firm the thing up ? I've put some folded cardboard under it for now..

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
I suppose you could cut a metal plate to fit over it, after all it's under the carpet so not seen :)
terry

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back