Battery Compartment on Kountrylite (1 Viewer)

rex

Free Member
Nov 7, 2009
Denia for the time being
Funster No
MH
5th Wheel
Exp
9 months
Our Kountrylite was manufactured march 2009 and already the battery compartment is
corroding and appears to be due to battery venting ,check yours to see if a similair problem is occuring.
temporary fix I am using rollmat foam under the batterys until I can find a box that fits
seem to be working at the moment.
one opinion is they should be fitted with gel batteries not acid.
any comments

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
hi rex , i dont like the gel batteries. you could look for batteries with a vent on the side and a drain tube or filled for life sealed . why not make a plastic tray with a drain on the bottom through a hole in the floor. are your batteries getting over charged that can make them boil. doundslike a design fault kick someones ass i would. sprinkle bi carbonate soda around under your batteries to help kill the acid.
cheers alan.

Nov 18, 2011
Planet Earth
Funster No
MH
A van
Exp
Over 25 year's
On my sons van we are fitting a new leisure battery we want to put it under one of the beds should we box it in i like the battery that can be serviced flooded
battery's
Was thinking of wooden box lined with fiber glass seald lid then maybe a tray for the battery to sit on
then use sum copier pipe to vent out through the floore or plastics push fit pipe and 90% fittings
bill

zaskar

Free Member
Sep 25, 2007
UK
Funster No
MH
5th Wheel
Exp
30+
Ours (2008) did the same a few years ago. TBH, I only found it as the batteries were failing and as I replaced them, I found the corrosion.
Cleaned all the corrosion, which in truth wasn't massive, sprayed both compartments liberally in WD40 and placed non slip matting in the floors of both boxes.
Been fine ever since.

Nov 10, 2008
Forest Row, East Sussex, UK
Funster No
MH
5th Wheel
Exp
Hi
Ditto as Zaskar, cleaned it and repainted it, that was 7 years ago and been OK since then. Don't think it's the batteries, as Vwalan says, it must be a design fault.
JK

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Dec 10, 2010
where ever we park up
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
just completed 6th year
I use to have a kountry light I made my own battery boxs out of plastic containers this seemed to do the trick didn't move them though, put new battery's in at the same time never got anything to drain off.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back