Free Member
Nov 18, 2015
chabanais France
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Hi Jim
We are off to Portugal next week and being our first trip since owning a motorhome we were needing some help and advice.

Their are two batteries in the van one for the normal running of the vehicle and one leisure battery which is for the remainder of the van. What we need to know is how will the battery maintain its charge, and how will it get charged, we have a solar panel,

If we stop overnight at a Aires how long would that battery last. Any help and advise would be gratefully received.

Neville

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
I received the above as a private message. Thought I'd post it on the forum for Neville.

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Hi Neville

I assume your habitation battery charges as you drive, how long it lasts after that depends on the size and condition of the battery and what you are taking out of it, I believe blown air heating kills batteries but hopefully it will be warm enough to not need heating, if you don't watch TV either the battery should last a few evenings and then there is what the solar panel puts in so I would not worry too much.

Martin

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Neville

Neville

Free Member
Nov 18, 2015
chabanais France
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Hi Martin,

I understand a little more how it works. So whilst driving it will charge the habitation battery and the solar helps to top up.
When on hook up that replaces the use of your battery and you run on electric.

Thanks Martin that's put my mind at rest.
Neville

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back