Battery charger

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by Zionzur, Mar 30, 2014.

1. Zionzur

Zionzur Read Only Funster

Hi, I have just purchased a 2006 CI Carioca 635, it came with no user manual, so I hope someone can help me out.
    The battery charger is located under the drivers seat, does it operate automatically, or does it have to be switched on, if so, where is the switch?

Thanks,
    Brian.

2. Zionzur

Zionzur Read Only Funster

Anyone know?

3. JeanLuc

JeanLuc Funster

It might help if you can tell us what sort of charger it is. Can you see the make and/or model number?

4. Terry

Terry Funster

Hi Zionzur,and welcome:thumb:not the best start to membership but there are lots of variables -your van could have a independent charger controlled by the control panel (switch) and yet have a independent switch on the charger itself.It could and prob has a built in charger incorporated into the CP -best way to find out is buy a cheap multi meter -ebay/maplins etc and test what battery is charging when plugged into leccy ,also when engine is running --Not only could the charger be turned off or on it could well be protected by a fuse that could be blown or not -sorry to be so vague but as JL says make etc would be a lot of help to all unless we have a leccy type funster who has the same MH who can further advise
    terry