bmb1uk

Free Member
Jan 1, 2010
LEICS
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
Hi all, i am going to add 2 new 110ah batteries, under side seat and require a box/s, but do not want to buy them over priced things, what do you use and where from regards BAZ.

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
why bother with a battery box ?

i have two 110ah batteries under the dinette seat and screwed a couple of nylon straps to the floor to hold them.
even a battery box needs securing.

as long as the breather tubes exit through the floor to outside air, which they should even with a box, i cant see the need.

Feb 25, 2008
Barril da Alva, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Caravan
Exp
on and off for the whole of my existance
i have sat our battery on a sheet of rubber to take any shock out, other than that just make sure they are secure and make sure nothing can make contact with the terminals

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
Provided there is nothing else stored in the under seat box I would agree with John.. but if you store other kit in the same box I would suggest fitting a plywood dividing wall with a top lid over the batteries, the last thing you want is a metal object sliding over the battery terminals.
Even with vent pipes, the battery box should be vented to the outside of the van and sealed to prevent gas escaping into the van..

Jun 2, 2010
Flintshire
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
since 2010
I think I would be inclined to sit the battery in a plastic tray to act as a bund in case you were ever to get a crack in the battery casing. :thumb:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back