Battery Bank

Discussion in 'Tech/Mech General' started by laser101uk, Jun 2, 2015.

1. laser101uk

laser101uk Funster

Hi

Father in law just bought a new motorhome with this battery bank. It has a 105 amp hr and a 100 amp hr linked together. I am not sure but one seems to be sealed. I am not sure about the other. They are not the same. My understanding is that it they should be the same make model etc. I have attached pics. My main concern is, is this safe? and should it be ventilated?

cheers

Steve

Attached Files:

2. funflair

funflair Funster Life Member

Well I reckon they are both lead acid so should work together OK on the same lead acid charger setting (although not an ideal match for size and most likely age as well) , I think that they are both sealed so will recombine rather than vent but if something went wrong the vent would blow so that would be when you needed the ventilation. Somebody else will give you a second opinion I am sure.

Martin

• Like Like x 1
  3. TheBig1

TheBig1 Funster Life Member

it is best practice to use matching batteries, but in practice, any similar lead acid batteries can be combined in a bank. the charger just sees one big battery. only issue is if one is older than the other and fails, it will kill the other one too

• Like Like x 1