Batteries (1 Viewer)

dennis the menace

Free Member
Dec 1, 2008
Funster No
Hi I am new to the site,so Happy new year. I would like to know what size starting batteries would anyone recommend for my Bayport?.It has the 6.5 diesel in it and I think the capacity of the batteries are too small....:cry:

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
hi dennis and welcome to the FUN.::bigsmile:

sorry, cant help with your battery question but im sure someone will be along soon to help you. :thumb:

john.

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
measure the battery box and buy the biggest heavy duty battery that will fit .. bearing in mind post connection type and orientation ..

my premiss being it can never be too big.. not very scientific but it worked for me..

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

PeteH

Free Member
Nov 22, 2007
East Riding of Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido, 999M.
Exp
18+yrs plus 25+Towing
Hi

I have the G-M 6.5td, the battery is an 800CCA and is about the size physically of a 110amp leisure battery, Its still going strong 5 year on!! (CCA= Cold Cranking Amps).

Pete

iceni

Free Member
Dec 3, 2007
Birmingham
Funster No
MH
Lowline Coachbuilt
Exp
27yrs
Consider making yourself a battery box and putting in as many batteries as you can. Make sure they are vented to the outside though and that its properly secured in case of a crash (sorry to sound dramatic but the last thing you want is 25kg of acid flying about. It doesnt matter how many batteries you have as long as they are connected in parallel ie positive to positive and negative to negataive with heavy gauge wire. i assume that you us rv guys use 12v systems...dont you?:Eeek:

Phill

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back