Free Member
Feb 23, 2009
coventry , warwickshire
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
20+ if you include vw campers and the like
battery problems while down in cornwall, neither of our 4 month old batteries holding charge, called our supplier back in coventry who gave the number for their supplier uk batteries, called and explained problem , they were excellent and sent us to local dealer only 10 minutes from our location in cornwall, both batteries taken in our toad to dealer who put a very expensive electronic tester on and told me batteries were fine ???, put a load tester on batteries and guess what both failed, dealer authorised within minutes to replace both batteries with a higher quality marine leisure battery, fitted to van and very pleased as charging from solar fine and holding power great, very pleased with uk batteries aftersales service when 300 miles away from original supplier:thumb:

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Two failed.

Bad batch ?

Bad luck ?

or Bad treatment ? Worth checking while you still have two good ones.

OP
OP
robinmclaren

robinmclaren

Free Member
Feb 23, 2009
coventry , warwickshire
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
20+ if you include vw campers and the like
I am guessing 1 bad one to start with and this has killed the 2nd one as were not 100% happy with new batteries last time used, mains charger fine and panels fully regulated and monitered , both supplies dropping fine to trickle on full charge voltage

now i have marine batteries can i go to sea in mh:Eeek:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
those all singing, all dancing electonic testers are total crap, all they are is a glorified voltage tester

no substitute for a proper load tester.

Last edited:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back