Batteries for tyre flashy things ! (1 Viewer)

golly

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 16, 2009
Land of the Prince Bishops
Funster No
MH
HYMERCAR PVC
Exp
since August 2009
Anyone know how to change batteries in Jim's tyre pressure thingies? I checked tyres other day and all were down quite a bit, no flashing lights, so I don't know if they had been down a while and not noticed and therefore batteries now flat or if the garage altered pressures when in for service (they say not).

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Camera shop or anyone that supplies watch batteries :thumb:

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
You can test the batteries with the tester that was in the pack, but it is a bit fiddly

You can change the battery yourself but you'll need to reuse the old O rings, (three of them) However send them to us and for £1.75 per cap you get a new battery, new O rings and a guarantee they are waterproof:thumb: You'll find the address at http://www.tyrepressurealarm.com

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Vlad The Impaler

Free Member
Apr 22, 2012
Rutland
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2012 but longer in my dreams
Just out of curiosity how long have you had them before the batteries needed changing?

Vlad

WynandJean

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 23, 2010
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 682
Exp
Since 2010
I wonder if this is becoming an unforseen problem. Mine seem to be suffering the same fate. Never seen any amber flashing. :Sad: As I have a total of 12 it would seem most practical to have a kit for doing it. As far as I know there is no way to tell whether they are functioning or not.

Wyn

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
I wonder if this is becoming an unforseen problem. Mine seem to be suffering the same fate. Never seen any amber flashing. :Sad: As I have a total of 12 it would seem most practical to have a kit for doing it. As far as I know there is no way to tell whether they are functioning or not.

Wyn

Hi Wyn, inside each kit was a small extension to use as a tester:thumb:

1. Screw the extension onto the valve.
  2. Attach the TPMS to the extension (make sure you hear it charge with a rush of air)
  3. Then unscrew the extension with the TPMS attached, it will flash If it flashes red its OK if it flashes amber or does not flash the batteries are on the way out/dead.
Or, if you are at a show or rally, I can test them quickly.

WynandJean

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 23, 2010
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 682
Exp
Since 2010
Thanks Jim, I've done that and 6 of the 12 don't flash. Is the battery replacement something I can do? (I usually replace my own watch batteries) If so, which batteries would I need and how do I get at them?

Wyn

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back