Bathroom Locker Light

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by OllieUK, Jul 9, 2014.

1. OllieUK

OllieUK Read Only Funster

SWIFT VOYAGER 635EK
    The light in the bathroom over the locker has failed, I have read somewhere that Swift have replaced the tube light with a strip LCD, the old strip light and started have to be removed and the new LCD fixture inserted.
    My question how do I get at the light fixture? and is the replacement as straight forward as suggested? I have NO DIY skills whatsoever. so if anyone is willing to explain for me how I can acheive this conversion I would be eternally gratefull.

Thanks for any help..

Ollie

2. mitzimad

mitzimad Funster

with no diy skills it might be difficult but you can rip all the tubes out and replace with strips of led,s from ebay

3. injebreck99

injebreck99 Funster

I have just replaced my lamp as the starter unit failed, replaced by a LED strip, but found it too dull ordered replacement lamp through my local dealer from Swift, not arrived yet (after 7 days,) price at only about £10 ish
    To get at the light open the locker door and look up and see the L shaped brackets that hold the back panel up, remove the lower screws and slide the panel downwards with the light fitting attached,(may require a little persuasion), disconnect the 2 wires and replace the lamp or tube, check the power to the lamp starter and tube connections to see if it is the tube or the starter in which case a new unit will be required,
    Hope this helps

4. OllieUK

OllieUK Read Only Funster

Thanks for you advice, will attempt this ASAP

5. TerryL

TerryL Funster

I've just replaced the fluorescent strip in the washroom, exactly as injebreck99 tells it. I used one of the new direct replacement strips (from ledbulbs4u) and the light improvement was impressive. However as the leds are along one side of the tube it's important to ensure it is fitted with the leds "pointing" the right way or you don't get the maximum benefit.

• Like Like x 2