Jun 23, 2013
Ramsgate
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr E520
Exp
Since 2009
SWIFT VOYAGER 635EK
The light in the bathroom over the locker has failed, I have read somewhere that Swift have replaced the tube light with a strip LCD, the old strip light and started have to be removed and the new LCD fixture inserted.
My question how do I get at the light fixture? and is the replacement as straight forward as suggested? I have NO DIY skills whatsoever. so if anyone is willing to explain for me how I can acheive this conversion I would be eternally gratefull.

Thanks for any help..

Ollie

Jan 28, 2008
Dovercourt, Harwich, UK
Funster No
MH
Renalt burstner
Exp
7 years campers before that
with no diy skills it might be difficult but you can rip all the tubes out and replace with strips of led,s from ebay

injebreck99

Free Member
Dec 5, 2011
norfolk
Funster No
MH
Low profile C Class
Exp
Since 1997
I have just replaced my lamp as the starter unit failed, replaced by a LED strip, but found it too dull ordered replacement lamp through my local dealer from Swift, not arrived yet (after 7 days,) price at only about £10 ish
To get at the light open the locker door and look up and see the L shaped brackets that hold the back panel up, remove the lower screws and slide the panel downwards with the light fitting attached,(may require a little persuasion), disconnect the 2 wires and replace the lamp or tube, check the power to the lamp starter and tube connections to see if it is the tube or the starter in which case a new unit will be required,
Hope this helps

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
OllieUK

OllieUK

Free Member
Jun 23, 2013
Ramsgate
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr E520
Exp
Since 2009
Thanks for you advice, will attempt this ASAP

TerryL

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 5, 2010
North East
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
I've just replaced the fluorescent strip in the washroom, exactly as injebreck99 tells it. I used one of the new direct replacement strips (from ledbulbs4u) and the light improvement was impressive. However as the leds are along one side of the tube it's important to ensure it is fitted with the leds "pointing" the right way or you don't get the maximum benefit.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back