Bathroom fixed and rear apron sealed in to protect the lights

Discussion in 'Tech/Mech General' started by Moodybrook, Jun 13, 2014.

1. Moodybrook

Moodybrook Funster

I moaned about the abysmal design and products used by cheapskate, money grabbing, coach builders and so I have redone to my own satisfaction what perhaps I may(only may) have got if I spent a bit more initially ??

Actually having looked at many a van and even some brand new ones costing eyewatering lumps of dosh and they have the same crap and shoddy finish. You rich guys part with your money easy. Encourages those chancers to get away with it.

Anyway my two projects.

Bathroom - ripped out the paper tissue like shower tray and replaced it with a high density foam backed acrylic topped tray from Wickes. Then lined entire washroom with 3mm acrylic tile effect sheeting. Still to fit rails to take shower curtains to protect access door and one to protect blinds and window. Fitting magnets to walls and curtain bottoms to prevent curtain "attacks"

Backskirt - where tail light fittings, numberplate lights etc were all exposed to elements (bare wires !!) s..t and snot being thrown up and back at some speed by wheels. What clown designed it and buffoon of a product manager passed this, beggars belief. This is not just an Elddis load of nonsense, same on very expensive new vans :Eeek:

I cut to size some upvc barge board the stuff with a lip to attach plastic soffits. Made it in two parts for easy taking it all apart for access. All stainless steel screws. (I have been all over my babies bottom replacing rusting screws with stainless ones.) In the absence of a stay to prevent the rear skirt wobbling at speed( I have a movement crack on one edge of the number plate recess) I have made one from some aluminium. Management probably got a mega bonus for leaving that off. Any way that is two jobs down. Rear mudflap arrangement is not to my liking so that may be next.

Forgot photos, to follow

Last edited: Jun 13, 2014
    • Like Like x 2
  2. Moodybrook

Moodybrook Funster

3. easygirl

easygirl Read Only Funster

Bathroom looks great, good job

4. Gorse Hill

Gorse Hill Funster

Nice job mate, hope u used A4 stainless steel, looking at your work am sure u did
    And your right I bought a new van, had a leak started to investigate and was surprised by what I found, poor workmanship and lack of attention to detail

5. jockaneezer

jockaneezer Funster

That’s a good job behind the bumper, mine’s like a rats nest of wiring and accumulated road dirt. I have wrapped a lot of the connections with self amalgamating tape but that soffit board looks the way to go.

6. funflair

funflair Funster Life Member

Nice job.