Ask Lindy-C (a trade member on here) She will be able to help you :thumb:

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
Hi

I changed my 110v charger a couple of years ago ..

Sterling have a good reputation and come highly recommended.. I believe Olley (Fun member) has one fitted...

Link Removed

I was going to purchase one then I saw one of these for sale second hand which I snapped up..

Victron Multi Plus is a 70A charger combined with a 1600watt inverter ..
It is much more than just a charger... great bit of kit but at a premium ..

Phoenix MultiPlus 12 / 24 / 48 Volt / Phoenix MultiPlus Compact 12 / 24 Volt - Victron Energy

Multi-functional
The MultiPlus is a powerful true sine wave inverter, a sophisticated battery charger that features adaptive charge technology and a high-speed AC transfer switch in a single compact enclosure. Models range from 800VA to 3000VA per module.

Unique PowerAssist feature
The MultiPlus will prevent overload of a limited AC source. First, battery charging will automatically be reduced when otherwise an overload would occur. The second level will boost the output of a generator or shore side supply with power taken from the battery.

Uninterrupted AC power (UPS function)
In the event of a grid failure or shore or generator power being disconnected, the inverter within the Multi is automatically activated and takes over the supply to the connected loads. This happens so fast (less than 20 milliseconds) that computers and other electronic equipment will continue to operate without disruption.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:

Tony Lee

Free Member
Sep 28, 2008
Funster No
Many US rv's are fitted with converters which are just trickle chargers rather than decent battery chargers. ScotJimland is suggesting a unit that will keep your batteries properly charged under all conditions. His choice is quite expensive because of its versatility and something cheaper may suit your purposes quite well. Main thing is that it be 3 stage and be suitable for the type of batteries you have fitted.

M

Mayurua

Deleted User
Hi Petesam
I have just changed mine because the old one did not agree with our uk electricity supply i.e. 50htz . I purchased mine from bestconverters direct from the US Xantrex XADC Converter Charger
Speak to Randy if you have any questions.
Even with poor exchange rate shipping and customs it was way cheaper than anything here and believe me they will try and sell you all sorts of rubbish here but they just wont do the job. the one i purchased was 2 wires an earth and plug in to original 110v socket couldnt be easier. even if your RV is 100% converted to 240v with no 110v available there is another alternative
i paid by cred card received just under 2 weeks

Dave:thumb:

Jul 29, 2007
Ipswich
Funster No
MH
RV and PVC
Exp
30 years
Hi as Jim said I bought a 50amp Sterling Pro-digital charger, expensive but a really top class piece of kit.

If you ever intend, or already have bought extra batteries I would get the biggest charger you can. An advantage of a 230v charger is your not wasting money powering the tranny when its sitting in storage wanting for your next trip.

I think that from memory the tranny use £2-3 of electricity per week just on idle.

Link Removed

Olley

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
I think that from memory the tranny use £2-3 of electricity per week just on idle.

Hi Olley

I found this out when I was using the Victron inverter which feeds the same circuits as the EHU.. even with no 110v appliances switched on the tranny was draining the batteries..
I solved that problem by fitting a tranny isolation switch.

Eventually I would like everything to be 230v, when the fridge dies I'll change it to a 230v model..
That would leave only The Air Cons, but as they are seldom used it's not worth the expenditure.

So, no Olley, I won't be buying your fancy 50/60hz converter.. :roflmto::roflmto:

Jim

Last edited:
Jul 29, 2007
Ipswich
Funster No
MH
RV and PVC
Exp
30 years
Hi jim at £1850 neither will I ::bigsmile: But I thought it was worth posting about, if your going to buy a high end RV for say over 150 grand then this is the sort of thing you might fit.

Along with your Victron and rotating solar panels its not for the majority of RVer's. ::bigsmile:

olley

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back