Bastogne Campsite Belgium (1 Viewer)

?

Deleted User
This one just in case there is two :)

Across the road is what looks like a cash and carry for beer tobacco and the likes

Anyone been? This is the first night of my jolly but wondering if its worth stocking up on the duty free here or am i better hanging on for Luxembourg the next day. Also if anyone has been to the campsite what is on offer in the area for eating out just incase the campsite is shut for food.

Cheers

Petest

Free Member
Jan 23, 2016
Uk
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
New convert
I can't help but I'm following this thread as it's a site we've been considering as well.

May 23, 2013
Not on the Coast East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B504
Exp
Since 2013
That's a great little beer shop a really good selection and well priced the supermarket further up on the left to Bastogne is also quite good.

We had a fantastic meal at in town, the front part of the restaurant are old train carriages.

Near the US star memorial is a newish WW2 museum which is very interactive and not to be missed.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Meadowman

Free Member
Jul 10, 2014
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
Stayed there for one night at the start of our September tour last year,,, very rough and ready, mainly permanent caravans, only site I have ever set the alarm whilst asleep in the van!! Wanted to visit Bastogne, and it was the only site I could find.

Regards
Ian

OP
OP
?

Deleted User
Good one cheers folk. Visiting places in town is not high on the list as we may be getting there later in the day. Getting off the ferry that morning in Zeebugge and its only about 3 hours away but if traffic is not to bad then looking to have a look into Ghent for future jolly's. Somewhere to eat was the main thing. @Peter & Elaine thanks for the link. 2nd choice is always handy if site is full or getting the unfriendly feel. Getting stocked up was the main thing and the wife is happy as it has a C&A. I see it has an Aldi also but sometimes it guess work what you are picking up on the shelve. Must look into an offline translator for my phone :)

OP
OP
?

Deleted User
Stayed there for one night at the start of our September tour last year,,, very rough and ready, mainly permanent caravans, only site I have ever set the alarm whilst asleep in the van!! Wanted to visit Bastogne, and it was the only site I could find.

Regards
Ian

I thought that about Trier. Have you been to Trier site and would you put it on par? Saying that i was in Trier out of season so no bar or restaurant and as night the wife did not want to walk along the river bank and the main road was full of hookers and brothels what was disappointing (well for the wife)

Jan 22, 2013
London SE
Funster No
MH
A class Adria vision I707
Exp
since 1971
OP
OP
?

Deleted User
we also stayed here last year, with no problem, a walk up the hill to the town with plenty of eating places and beer if that's your thing,
a nice town to visit with a large WW2 museum at the other end of town,
Im trying to find that site as the adress on Peters link is taking me here

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@49.9...-IGr0y8KpgQDcFKzg!2e0!7i13312!8i6656?hl=en-GB

Looks like an everyday carpark. Is this it? Handy for town if yes but i doubt the wife will go for this :(

Aug 30, 2012
Home of the war horse
Funster No
MH
burstnar T640
Exp
Im trying to find that site as the adress on Peters link is taking me here

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@49.9...-IGr0y8KpgQDcFKzg!2e0!7i13312!8i6656?hl=en-GB

Looks like an everyday carpark. Is this it? Handy for town if yes but i doubt the wife will go for this :(
That's the place but it's old map it's still a car park but has a new monument and some new buildings not showed on street maps
It's ok for a night to explore town and as I said only a few minutes walk to town
In main town square where there are some old tanks and guns also there is a tourist information centre that does a tour map of town with all local points of interest fo WW2 it is worth a couple of hours
Not everyone's cup of tea for a overnight but we had no problems

OP
OP
?

Deleted User
Aye @Peter & Elaine i would have no problem but i cant see the wife going for it. The other one is a 20 minute walk from that one so say google and we will have the dog. If the restaurants dont allow dogs or we cant eat outside then we will end up cooking in the van anyway. As i said we may not have the time for the sight seeing but a wander into/round town is always nice rather than sitting in looking at the tintent walls.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back