BASTARDS (1 Viewer)

Oct 1, 2013
Lanzarote
Funster No
MH
Nil by mouth
Exp
Lots
Exactly. I was pointed to that video by Mr Big1. I could not believe it. I took the safe to pieces and corrected the design fault with some grease.

Knowledge is everything.
Exactly. I was pointed to that video by Mr Big1. I could not believe it. I took the safe to pieces and corrected the design fault with some grease.

Knowledge is everything.
how do you guard against hammer and chisel?

Last edited by a moderator:

eddie

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 4, 2007
Taunton Somerset
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
since 1989
Different technique used for Sprinters, which involves the thief replacing a few components on the vehicle with those from a "donor" vehicle. I won't go into details but if you look up Sprinters on various van security websites you'll find anti-theft equipment for sale designed to prevent or at least delay the method. Sprinters are still fairly high up the list of most stolen light commercial vehicles.
There was a recent post on Fun with a repossessed Sprinter based motorhome, clean on HPI as it had been cloned sadly

MattR

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2013
Beds
Funster No
MH
Panel van
Exp
Years
how do you guard against hammer and chisel?

Get a safe that isn't so susceptible to such basic attacks. Like the one that I will get to replace the thing that I thought was adequate until this afternoon. Thanking @TheBig1 for the heads up.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Oct 1, 2013
Lanzarote
Funster No
MH
Nil by mouth
Exp
Lots
Get a safe that isn't so susceptible to such basic attacks. Like the one that I will get to replace the thing that I thought was adequate until this afternoon. Thanking @TheBig1 for the heads up.
My post was in response to Hildy :)

PeteH

Free Member
Nov 22, 2007
East Riding of Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido, 999M.
Exp
18+yrs plus 25+Towing
Many years ago. friend of mine had his own recipe for criminal behaviour. First Offence, any type, Minimum 6 months HARD Labour. Second Offence DEATH. Re-offending rates would plummet he reckoned!.

Pete

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
Many years ago. friend of mine had his own recipe for criminal behaviour. First Offence, any type, Minimum 6 months HARD Labour. Second Offence DEATH. Re-offending rates would plummet he reckoned!.

Pete
Didn't work in the 19th Century, won't work now. Criminals don't plan on being caught. :)

GWAYGWAY

Free Member
Sep 6, 2014
Dover
Funster No
MH
Hymer ML I 580
Exp
4 years
The most effective system is the simple fuel cut off switch. Regardless of the electronics all it needs is a fuel line blocker. They just do not go. You fit it and you know what and where it is. They do not know why it doesn't start and leave it as it isn't worth the looking around as that is the danger time for them, when doing the actual theft. All the expensive anti theft electronics are where they think it is. not a tap or switch some where else. put one on yours and it will cost about ÂŁ10 for the bits.

MC 55 FUN

Free Member
Feb 18, 2016
Rural South West Wales.
Funster No
MH
2015 Majestic 195
Exp
Since 20th Feb' 2016
It also does the interior light on a Transit so a degree of rewiring is required if you simply pull the fuse.

That's a fair & informative comment - I'd rather have the ( temporary ) inconvenience of no interior light than potentially be robbed of our MH .

PeteH

Free Member
Nov 22, 2007
East Riding of Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido, 999M.
Exp
18+yrs plus 25+Towing
Didn't work in the 19th Century, won't work now. Criminals don't plan on being caught. :)

Yeh!! but think of the side effects 3/4 of the Prison population are repeat offenders, so we remove 75% of the Cost of the prison service at the second stroke?.

Pete

PeteH

Free Member
Nov 22, 2007
East Riding of Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido, 999M.
Exp
18+yrs plus 25+Towing
The most effective system is the simple fuel cut off switch. Regardless of the electronics all it needs is a fuel line blocker. They just do not go. You fit it and you know what and where it is. They do not know why it doesn't start and leave it as it isn't worth the looking around as that is the danger time for them, when doing the actual theft. All the expensive anti theft electronics are where they think it is. not a tap or switch some where else. put one on yours and it will cost about ÂŁ10 for the bits.

Most vehicles these days have a fuel cut-off which trips in a collision?. tap into the wiring with a switch hidden (only you know where) and ??. maybe that is the answer? OR wire the supply to the fuel pump relay, through a hidden switch?

BTW. My tracker has the facility to switch the fuel pump OFF remotely.

Pete

Last edited:

MC 55 FUN

Free Member
Feb 18, 2016
Rural South West Wales.
Funster No
MH
2015 Majestic 195
Exp
Since 20th Feb' 2016

Touching on this helpful & informative observation . . . pulling the fuel pump fuse & / or the fuel pump relay is another easy, quick & free way of disabling the MH.

OP
OP
bigfoot
Dec 23, 2007
Wirral
Funster No
MH
Hobby Van Kenobi
Exp
started when I was 11 with my parents-forgot to stop!been real one since 1980!
Have the Police found it yet via the tracker ?
Not yet,the signal is lost,so they are using a 'blocker' or it is in a building.

Zepp

Free Member
Jun 22, 2008
Roaming
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
7 Years
Your not having much look bigfoot don't give up hope they will make a mistake soon they always do .

Bailey58

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 23, 2010
Norfolk and Toftir.
Funster No
MH
Sold
Exp
July 2010 (ex tugger)
Just home and catching up on Fun after a trip to Becks for a service and hab check. I'd know how I'd feel if I saw an empty space where mine should be. It's been a long day but I'm going back out now to get all the locks put back instead of leaving it for the morning,. Hope you get some positive news soon. (y)

OP
OP
bigfoot
Dec 23, 2007
Wirral
Funster No
MH
Hobby Van Kenobi
Exp
started when I was 11 with my parents-forgot to stop!been real one since 1980!
Here's a bit of fun which I would like to come true, My daughters partner is a CPO in the RN attached to a joint services unit and she has told him about the theft,the reponses have been like this the Navy,RAF,Army and Royal Marines have all been alerted. I would love a military convoy to surround the scumbags and,to a man, draw their SA80s at them,what a great cure for constipation.
I can but dream!

MattR

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2013
Beds
Funster No
MH
Panel van
Exp
Years
Here's a bit of fun which I would like to come true, My daughters partner is a CPO in the RN attached to a joint services unit and she has told him about the theft,the reponses have been like this the Navy,RAF,Army and Royal Marines have all been alerted. I would love a military convoy to surround the scumbags and,to a man, draw their SA80s at them,what a great cure for constipation.
I can but dream!

Please ask these personnel to drag the scrotes out of your van gently and then scare the cr@p out of them before removing their testicles rather than curing their constipation while they are in your vehicle.

Feb 14, 2014
Ainsworth, Bolton, UK
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
since 2011
Can't imagine how your feeling right now agree with zepp they will make a mistake soon
I know what I would do to the toe rags when they catch them

Gary and Janet

Feb 4, 2016
West Sussex, UK
Funster No
MH
Hymer B680 Starline
Exp
Long term a few years now.
Im the most peaceful chap you could meet but if i caught anyone damaging or trying to break into my motor home i wouldn't be responsible for my actions.
What galls me is that if the above scenario took place i would be more punished than the perpetrator.

All i hope is that @bigfoot gets an acceptable outcome to this nightmare scenario .

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back