Free Member
Oct 17, 2010
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Talbot Compass Calypso
Exp
Since July 2010
I think that I would be tempted to kill whoever might steal our 'van after all the time, effort and money that we have spent getting it into good condition. Hope yours is soon back with you and undamaged.

R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
Good luck getting your van back
A timely reminder of how useful a tracker can be

Welsh girl

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 7, 2009
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
Since 2004
Sorry to hear this, we have a transit and deadlock the doors everytime we leave it but I'm still afraid to leave it while in the supermarket.
Does Eddie van bits fit anything to prevent thefts?

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Are Transits soft targets? If you read the numerous reports on the web it seems they are pretty vulnerable. http://www.itv.com/news/anglia/upda...e-found-way-to-bypass-locks-on-ford-transits/
If I had one, I would definitely be booking myself in to VanBitz for his non starter. I had it installed on my Hymer and the RV and the peace of mind is well worth the cost. For those who have not seen it,Broken Link Removed

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Welsh girl

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 7, 2009
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
Since 2004
Are Transits soft targets? If you read the numerous reports on the web it seems they are pretty vulnerable. http://www.itv.com/news/anglia/upda...e-found-way-to-bypass-locks-on-ford-transits/
If I had one, I would definitely be booking myself in to VanBitz for his non starter. I had it installed on my Hymer and the RV and the peace of mind is well worth the cost. For those who have not seen it,Broken Link Removed
Just rung Eddie for a quote,waiting for call back.

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Tracker activated by Phantom-nothing yet!

Not too surprising. They took it without keys so a tracker is probably not much of a problem.

Don't get worked up, it's payback time for all the insurance you've paid over the years. There's an even nicer van out their waiting for you.

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
Hope they catch the thieves- and that the van is either not at all damaged or easily repaired to better than new.

OP
OP
bigfoot
Dec 23, 2007
Wirral
Funster No
MH
Hobby Van Kenobi
Exp
started when I was 11 with my parents-forgot to stop!been real one since 1980!
Not too surprising. They took it without keys so a tracker is probably not much of a problem.

Don't get worked up, it's payback time for all the insurance you've paid over the years. There's an even nicer van out their waiting for you.
I'm now getting over the initial shock,its not losing the van because insurance will cover it,its losing the personal effects like the camping equipment we have built up over the years,some very difficult to replace especially my Double Skillet that we have had for over 20 years!

Reactions: f6c

Welsh girl

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 7, 2009
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
Since 2004
Tha
I'm now getting over the initial shock,its not losing the van because insurance will cover it,its losing the personal effects like the camping equipment we have built up over the years,some very difficult to replace especially my Double Skillet that we have had for over 20 years!
That's the thing when people say you wouldn't want it back, I would because of all thestuff you've accumulated over the years!
Replacing documents and licences and stuff you may have left in the safe especially abroad.
They're just the scum of the earth!

Don Quixote

Free Member
Jul 29, 2012
Lost in La Mancha, Spain
Funster No
MH
VW T6 Campervan
Exp
Not long enough, but a little common sense helps..........
@bigfoot I feel for you and would love to cut the balls of the Barstewards and make them choke on them . Fingers crossed the cops stop them before anything is removed or damaged.

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
Really sorry to hear that. Hope the barstweards are caught before the van ends up somewhere else.......probably Ireland :(

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
its losing the personal effects like the camping equipment we have built up over the years

Yes I know, once again, it's a chance to re-stock.

Your really grim task is listing the contents. Carry a notepad with you and jot down anything you think of at any time. You will forget some items so make sure you hit them hard with what you do remember. Don't forget all those souvenirs bought at markets when you travelled, all cash of course. Because it was in a little used MH everything was in pristine condition, nothing less that replacement cost will do.

Search far and wide for the same van for sale for a valuation. Yours was better than any on sale so hammer them.

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
Oh so sorry to read this, hope you get it back in tact, nothing is safe these days, fingers crossed for you.

MattR

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2013
Beds
Funster No
MH
Panel van
Exp
Years
Thieving Bastards, why bother working for a living ? Just thieve.
I use an old fashioned "Crooklock" on mine.
How do these Bastards do it ?
Phil

Don't rely on them; the old ones use locks that are easy to pick.

Zepp

Free Member
Jun 22, 2008
Roaming
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
7 Years
So sorry hope you get it back in one piece and all the gear is still there .

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back