Dec 9, 2007
kent
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
8 years
Hi,

just a quick update on our travels. We left down through France, into Spain and are now in the north of Portugal at a place called Caminha. lovely campsite and basking in sunshine with free WIFI. Previously we were in Orense, Spain, up in the mountains where the weather was very hot. Having trouble at the moment getting a regulator for our Spanish gas bottle., but I'm sure we will find one to-morrow.

Ken

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
Hi there Jacken

Just returned from a sun drenched weekend in the Algarve to the equally sundrenched central Portugal (near Ansiao)... will be here for a ten or so more days before heading to the Uk for my season.

If you need anything let me know... I have good contacts around here!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
J

jacken

Free Member
Dec 9, 2007
kent
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
8 years
Thanks for your replies.

JJwagon, there is something you could help me with. Like an idiot, when we were in spain, I bought a spanish Cepsa gas bottle but they did'nt have the jumbo type regulator. Now We are in Portugal and I have tried every-where to get a regulator but with no success. Do you know if I can buy one in Portugal? with the threaded bit that fits onto my rubber pipes.

Thanks in advance.

Ken

Sep 23, 2007
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
4 and many as a tugger
Nice to know someone is enjoying Portugal. I fly out tomorrow for 3 days on business, all work and expense account. The best i can hope for is a couple of evenings down on the front in Lisbon. :RollEyes:

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
Andyman, it's nice on the front in Lisbon...

Ken, I don't know off the top of my head but I know a man who will know or at least can find out... where are you? Tell how far you are from Ansiao (50k south of Coimbra)... I'll ask him tomorrow...

If you get down to the Eastern Algarve the Blue Elephant carwash and GPL garage on the 125 just out of Villa Real will fill your Uk bottle for you (if it is empty)...

OP
OP
J

jacken

Free Member
Dec 9, 2007
kent
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
8 years
JJwagon,

We are off to Porto to-morrow, so I will try there. If no success with the regulator, I will search for a place to fill our two empty bottles. Thanks for your info.

ken

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
Jacken... if you don't have any luck and are heading south I have a Portuguese Galp bottle (11 kilo I think) and a regulator you would be welcome to borrow long term)

Dec 6, 2008
Lisbon
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Now We are in Portugal and I have tried every-where to get a regulator but with no success. Do you know if I can buy one in Portugal?

Ken

:Smile: Wellcome and hello,
Do you stell need the iinformation, or did you by the regulater?
If you want I can put the site of "cepsa" and you see wath post is nearest you.

OP
OP
J

jacken

Free Member
Dec 9, 2007
kent
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
8 years
Sorry about the delay in replying, I have had no internet access for the last few days. I still have had no luck with the regulator. Situation is that i have 2 French Primagas bottles, 1 empty and the other about to run out. I have a Cepsa full bottle but no regulator. I went to porto today and did find a place that had a Spanish regulator but it had a push fit for the rubber hose. My van has a female threaded hose so the problem would be connecting my hose to the regulator. Also, just an update on the Dongle for internet. Bought a pay as you go sim card in Porto to-day, put it in the dongle and away it went, straight on the internet.

ken

Dec 6, 2008
Lisbon
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Hello

:thumb: You can see here the page of 'Cepsa' in Portugal. (that's in Inglish)
Link Removed
Wish you have a good stay in Portugal. :Smile:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back